X

got me a 87 Katana as a freebie!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got me a 87 Katana as a freebie!

Got a running GSX F 600, a 1987. It is very rough, true, but it is going to be my "re-entry" track bike. Need some parts. As you can see!

you don't have an 87, you have an 88.

Comment

Sorry- it must be another "Alaskan" thing- for instance- I have a 1975 Z1 B, that is actually titled as a 76- this is titled as a 1987- but it is actualy a 1988?

Comment

absolutely

Comment

Well, I am officially very happy I checked with you folks!

Great- okay- time to get to work on this biatch! Do you guys have a FSM CD or online manual on this site, or do I need to do a search!

I had this running last year for a friend- traded it for a POS CB 550 he needed for a chopper project of his- but since then, the chain tensioner has been robbed, along with the tank. Airbox as well it seems.

Comment

I sell Katana parts, I have 1000's of them. Anything you need PM me

Comment

looks more like a parts bike, but free is good.

Comment

I have a small custom bike shop- so far, most bikes are Z1, KZ, GPZ, GS or XS that I have done- or, uber-new- brand new stuff, though, I have done quite a bit of work on a 97 GSXR as well. Mostly, I do frame work and custom bikes, mostly choppers- not my thing really, but the customers want what the customers want- right?

All my bikes come to me as basket cases, but Jap bikes are so freakin' rugged- if the engine runs- it is worth saving up here!

I get most out the door in the under 2k range, but the full customs go for around 7ish.

This is my bike though- will share the stable with a 1975 Z1 900 B that I got in 84, and a 1985 V65 that I got in 89.

This will be my track/sport bike.

Not really wanting to set records with the bike- just get back into the road racing again, here in Alaska.

I will be PMing you for parts- in fact, you can just write me at [email protected] and I will send you a list of what I need first- pretty much tank and airbox and cam chain tensionor will be first!

Comment

I don't have a tank, I have the air box, just gotta dig through stuff and I have the cct.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...230010359&rd=1

Comment

Noticed there is a tank on e-bay- will get the tensioner!

My goal is to get it running, check systems, then tear it down to frame, paint everything, put back together.

Simple job, right? LOL

Comment

I can't find that cct, but I DO have this one:

it's the exact same thing, one is black, one is silver

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X