X

"Taming the Beast"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Frame Sliders. LOLOLOLOL
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I just put mine in reverse....... what? You didn't know there was a reverse gear?
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        I just put mine in reverse....... what? You didn't know there was a reverse gear?

Comment

Dang! Ya beat me to it!
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

LOL !!! 2 Funny
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

drop the bike..... Okay, maybe a bad choice of words. LOWER the bike!!
              [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

I'm taking your advice on lowering the bike. I've ordered the 1 1/2" lowering links from ne-oublie and am lowering the front about 1/2".

I've noticed that on slow turns (like a U-turn) I don't even need to touch the throttle at all, just feather the clutch and rear brake some and do some counterbalancing seems to do the trick.

Anyone else have success with this?

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                  find and empty parking lot and pratice your slow turns
                  good advice right there....

Originally posted by bigrepp61 View Post
                  you guys should move to PA... the MSF courses are free here...
                  Mine was like $275 5 years ago, Motorcycle Also, on my FL DL cost me $300. $150 bucks a word....I felt so used afterward....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Since you've already ordered the lowering links, that's a great step (and saves me a bunch of advice on how to lower it or raise you).

Other tidbit:
                    Plan how you're going to park in advance of getting into the space -- if a parking space is angled (uphill), turn the bike before you park it, so you don't have to walk it backwards uphill.

Oh, and read the newbie thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61328

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by kat6hundo View Post
                      I'm in Idaho and they don't even have a MSF course here, so i'm learning everything the old fashioned way. I really wish they had one here.
                      Wow, that could get expensive!
                      Originally posted by Nero
                      "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                      SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        Since you've already ordered the lowering links, that's a great step (and saves me a bunch of advice on how to lower it or raise you).

Other tidbit:
                        Plan how you're going to park in advance of getting into the space -- if a parking space is angled (uphill), turn the bike before you park it, so you don't have to walk it backwards uphill.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Thanks, lots of good stuff at that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post

Other tidbit:

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          I try and do this too...just takes a second or two to plan ahead.

If you're really in a pinch, you can use a technique some of the "stuntas" have come up with. Totally not squidly, very useful and was in fact demonstrated a couple years back in SportRider mag.

You lean the bike all the way over on the side stand, reach over and grab the subframe or passenger peg hanger on the opposite side of the bike with your right hand. Make sure your feet are firmly planted, and give a heave-ho so the rear wheel is in the air. You can now pivot the bike on the side stand. I don't use it very often, but it does come in handy, especially in a tight garage with multiple bikes in it. I'm not very good at it, and it takes me about 5 goes to get the bike 180 degrees around...so I'm not showing off in front of anybody by any means...on the contrary, I'd rather no one was looking.

There must be a You Tube video on this out there somewhere of some slick a$$ motohead doing it right...I'm just too lazy to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet_Hair View Post
                            ...you can use a technique some of the "stuntas" have come up with. Totally not squidly, very useful and was in fact demonstrated a couple years back in SportRider mag.

You lean the bike all the way over on the side stand, reach over and grab the subframe or passenger peg hanger on the opposite side of the bike with your right hand...
                            I'm actually going to advise you and everyone else NOT to do this. Over time, it ovals out the mounting hole the bolt for the side-stand goes through (six months to a year of doing 2 - 3 times a week is enough), and then the sidestand relay doesn't want to get triggered correctly or intermittently loses signal, causing the bike to shut down.
                            The fix is to replace the lower subframe (got one here if someone needs one), or to grind away the powdercoat & reweld, then redrill the hold. A true PIA in either case for the penalty of not walking it in backwards to start with.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X