X

SHAD Luggage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHAD Luggage?

Anybody ever heard of this? My buddy on an FZ6 site saw a review by somebody on that board and they look similar to Givi, but at a substantially lower cost... I can't find much with a google search.

None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

My understanding from reading on the internet that it still is Givi. It supposed to be their economy line of hard luggage.

edit to add: I have no personal experience with Shad, but I do own several Givi hard cases.
    Last edited by squiggy; 08-22-2008, 08:32 PM.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Did I really read it that poorly? I might be facepalming here in a second...

Why do you think its Givi cheapo line? I can't find anything in that thread that would imply that and I'm not seeing anything on Givi's site...
      Last edited by philwecksr; 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM.

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Shad is Spanish (not Givi, which is Italian).
        Manufacturer's site is http://www.shad.es/
        Select English as the language in the IDIOMA drop-down, and Reino Unido in the PAIS drop down to get English+USA, then hit enter.

No clue on quality & pricing, but it's not that hard to design a decent hardsided case if you have access to injection-molding equipment and reasonably good labor.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Check out this ebay seller whom is Canada based. They carry the SHAD line and had listed a complete set for the Kat six months ago. Inquire with the for the racks and hard case.

I almost bought the SHAD case and rack for the Kat from then, but decided to get soft bags instead.

sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

united states importer....miami florida.

small top case is like $89 bucks

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

http://www.binetto.com

united states importer....miami florida.
              Can you buy everything directly from the importer, or you still need to get it thru their distribution network?
              sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

well let me rephrase. that was the company they listed on the site cyber posted. you can buy from them...they have a site.... i haven't seen(because i haven't looked) for other locations to buy.

Edit: reading that binetto doesn't sell to public directly. But they have some local dealers and online vendor listings. 9 in NY GSXF....

and appears mostly scooter companies ha ha ha ha
                Last edited by BarMatt80; 08-22-2008, 11:47 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Gee, good thing I'm qualified to be a dealer. What'd ya want from them?

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

LOL, let me look around for a bit and I'll PM you...

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

Working...
                    X