Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where the heck are these models in the USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
    A real trailie like the Tenere or a fake one like the Pegaso (and the VStrom and the Kawak VerSys)?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Well, if I was going to buy one today, with what's available now, I probably buy the Suzuki DR650.

There's enough aftermarket products like a larger gas tank, hard of soft luggage, crash bars, bash plates and wind screens to be able to customize it to my uses.

If the Husqvarna TE610 had the same support, I would buy it.

But in another year after the KTM 690E and the BMW F800GS dust settles, my above comments may change.

Holy crap! I just checked suspension travel specs.

I see why you said faux trailie on the Aprilia.

Aprilia front wheel travel: 170mm (6.7 inches)

Tenere front wheel travel: 210mm (8.25 inches)

BMW F800GS front wheel travel: 228mm (9 inches)
    Last edited by squiggy; 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
      If the Husqvarna TE610 had the same support, I would buy it.
      Since BMW bought Husqvarna's motorcycle production division last year (Nov '07), you might want to ask if BMW dealers are supporting Husqvarna parts & accessories

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
      I see why you said faux trailie on the Aprilia.
      Actually, I said it because that's what all the Brit mags said -- there are the urban warrior trailees that aren't really intended for the serious stuff, and then there's the Tenere and a few others. The Aprilia, the VerSys and the VStrom all fell into the urban-warrior class (capable of dirt roads, but you wouldn't want to do serious desert or deep off-roading with them).

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
      the intruder new or redesign? as they have it in 2008 and one down at the local dealer....but sold as the boulevard c109rt
      The article that's linked in my post says it's an M1800R (M109R in US-Speak, right?) restyled for comfortable distance. Which ought to mean that it has (compared to the C109RT) a smaller front tire width (130 vs. 150), a slightly larger gas tank capacity, a shorter wheelbase (67.3" on the M vs 69.1" on the C) and ought to handle better as a result of the tire/wheelbase combo.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Since BMW bought Husqvarna's motorcycle production division last year (Nov '07), you might want to ask if BMW dealers are supporting Husqvarna parts & accessories

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        I have a local Suzuki/Kawasaki/Aprilia/Ducati/Moto Guzzi/Husqvarna dealer in town. Don't know what's going to happen to their Husky side.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I like the mini BKing. It's a sweet looking factory streetfighter.

Comment

and ought to handle better as a result of the tire/wheelbase combo.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            As a matter off fact I rode the M1800R (like every new bike :lol) and once acustomed to it's gigantic dimensions I was surprised by it's way_better_than_expectable handling, it demands some more input to flip it (comparable with a Big Kat) and groundclearance isn't overwhelming either.

The GSR is a missed chance, I detest it's rideablity, too much off a sewing machine NO lowend and a miserable mid-end
            At about 9K life starts to end at 12k..., compared to the Hornet it looses in every aspect (but looks maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
              I like the mini BKing. It's a sweet looking factory streetfighter.
              At least it could not be any uglier than the regular Bking.

Comment

Working...
              X