• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always use your CENTERSTAND!

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

In regards to side stand "pucks"...I spent a whole 57 cents at Lowes, for a 3' x 2' piece of pre punched stainless sheet steel, tied Para cord (550 cord) through one of the holes (to loop around my left hand grip so I dont ride off without it)...and store it under my seat.

My 06 750 tends to sink in asphault a lot. The road materials here in PA are apperantly low grade crap.
      Last edited by Scout; 08-21-2008, 08:18 AM. Reason: typo
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        The sinking is strictly a result of the weight - more weight on the sidestand than a GSXR.
        More specifically, it has more to do with the amount of weight transferred to the ground via the sidestand. My 06 ZX-14 and my 06 750 Kat were nearly identical in weight, yet my Kat had more of a propensity to sink into the pavement/ground than my '14 due to the lean angle/sidestand setup of the Kat.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

check the spring it might need replacing. i know mine sunk down alot and once i finally replaced the spring and tightened everything it was all good
          RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Comment

There's supposed to be a spacer on the pivot bolt but I don't see one in your picture.

Comment

In response to your chain lube slinging I had the same issue with some stuff I was using. Stumbled across the following article:

It has a wax in it also helps to keep gunk off your chain and like the article states it doesn't sling off. Been using this for over a year now and love it.

Hope this helps
              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                It has a wax in it also helps to keep gunk off your chain and like the article states it doesn't sling off. Been using this for over a year now and love it.
                Generally, wax-based solutions have the problem with retaining sand and other fine debris (clay dust for example) against the o-rings, causing them to get eaten up (as verses to oil, which flings debris at the same time it flings itself). I haven't used the product you're referring to yet to try it (sooner or later -- there's so many chain lubes on the market and I tend to try them all). What's your take on that aspect of it? Being in Gladstone, it may not be the same kind of issue that it is here in Florida (where sand is everywhere).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It's almost like the bike's heaving a sigh of relief and leaning in to get comfortable! The first twenty or so times I got off the bike I ended up jumping sideways trying to catch the damn thing - now I push the sidestand out further with my foot while I'm still on the bike, so it doesn't move when I get off.

Sinking into asphalt hasn't been a problem yet - I'll let you know if we have a summer!
                  HeidiV
                  ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

Working...
                  X