Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

mirrors and master chain rivet tool thinger...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirrors and master chain rivet tool thinger...

hey guys I didn't have enough post to put this on market place. I was wondering if any of you guys have an extra set of stock or aftermarket pre mirros laying around? specifically for a 92 kat... don't know if that makes a diff I think they are all the same for pre's but I thought I would specify. Also my buddy is putting a new chain on his bike but he didn't want the clip on one because he didn't trust it but he doesn't have the tool that does the rivet. I was wondering if there was any other fellow minneapolis/st. paul area people that has one that we could borrow for the day. thanks guys.

~$20 at the dealer for a aftermarket replacement mirror. if it comes down to it, put the clip master link on the chain long enough to ride to a shop and have them press the rivet style one on. keep the clip one for an emergency.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
      ~$20 at the dealer for a aftermarket replacement mirror. if it comes down to it, put the clip master link on the chain long enough to ride to a shop and have them press the rivet style one on. keep the clip one for an emergency.

+1 on that. There is a decent bike shop up in the Blaine area, right by Cottons Napa, and Checker Auto in that little shopping mall across the road from the Harley Dealer on 65. I bet they could press it in for ya. I have ridden many a miles with the clip tho, and haven't had any problems with them as long as they are put on correctly.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

if you're south metro, stop into Leo's south in Lakeville. just dont park under any tents.
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.

Comment

i would just buy the rivet tool it is soooooooooo worth the money. i have the motion pro and it is super easy to use .

Comment

I would buy one, but i havent seen any that cover all the way from 428 (the baby Kawi) to 630 (the 750LTD) chains, and the 530 Kat inbetween

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
              if you're south metro, stop into Leo's south in Lakeville. just dont park under any tents.

I think you need therapy now because of that incident!
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a new riveting tool I picked up a batch of that I haven't added to my list of stuff for sale yet (just arrived Friday) -- $23. Yup, you heard that right -- complete chain riveting tool, $23 + priority mail postage. Send me a PM.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X