X

Harley Davidson vs. 2006 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post

I dunno ? I saw a 1984 Suzuki GS1100E walk away from a V-Rod in the 1/4 on Pinks. He used a 3000.00 bike to take a 15000.00 V-Rod. After the first run, the guy riding the Suzuki wasn't even launching anymore, just riding hard. Seems like all y'all "old skool" dudes know of some "Super Harley" 20-30 years ago that can run with some of the bikes of today ...... WHATEVER. Buells are the only Harleys that come close to decent performance numbers. Here's a hint ...... pushrods have no business in a motorcycle engine if you want to go fast.
    I saw that episode and it was a big thing over at the GS owners group forum. The guy with the V-rod had to ice down his clutch because it was over heating, while the guy on the 1100E just parked it and relaxed.
    2 bikes

'82 GS650G
    '94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by paintmann111 View Post
      I saw that episode and it was a big thing over at the GS owners group forum. The guy with the V-rod had to ice down his clutch because it was over heating, while the guy on the 1100E just parked it and relaxed.
      haha.... do a search.... it was a big thing on HD boards too, but not in a good way! (bunch of whining, excuses, discrediting the show......)

I think it's hilarious. It's bad enough that the guy got embarrassed by a 25 year old bike..... but then he LOST his bike because of it?!?? Oh the humanity!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
        I remember that episode and wondering to myself why anyone would want a harley!! To each their own I guess, but when you gotta let the bike cool for 15 min after every pass .. I recall he had to change the oil once too didn't he?? Perhaps that was a different episode ..

I think he was planning on selling it as scrap iron
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          bunch of whining, excuses, discrediting the show......
          Prolly would happened as well in the Suzi world were the tables changed...
          Last edited by GytRDunKat; 08-16-2008, 12:12 AM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
            Prolly would happened as well in the Suzi world were the tables changed...
            Probably, but I would have called it more justified, since the bike in question is in fact 25 years old......... and the other, one brand's latest attempt at a fast machine.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              Probably, but I would have called it more justified, since the bike in question is in fact 25 years old......... and the other, one brand's latest attempt at a fast machine.
              Agreed

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

0-100mph (sec)---1/4 mile (sec)---1/4 mile (mph)---Braking 60-0 mph (feet)---
                10.81 12.25 108.40 115.4
                n/a 13.21 96.22 120.0
                8.22 11.38 119.07 109.5
                thats halarious that the wideglide or whatever that fat harley is called doesn't even qualify for a 0-100 time.... BAHHH hahahahhaha.....

it should read.... DID NOT REACH 100....
                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                F4 I stunted out
                Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

I have an 06 600.. I have toasted 2 of my friends on Harleys..one is an 04 Dyna Wide Glide, and the other is a Road King (both are 1453 CC's (I think) and have Screaming Eagle parts).
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Two springs ago I was riding the HD Sportster 1200C I owned into Albuquerque on I-40 in heavy truck traffic. I was doing 85 and riding alongside an 18-wheeler, about midway passing him on the left, when his left blinker came on. I had no lateral escape and just pulled the throttle down to full blast, imagining it might be my last act in this life. To my surprise, though I was doing 85 in 5th, the bike shot me beyond the truck before the driver even knew I had been in his blind spot. I was amazed at the burst of speed, which did save me.

I sold the bike three months later after it threw the drive belt, left me stranded overnight in a storm, and then cost me $433 to fix. Undependable and too expensive to maintain, but not slow by any means. Try one sometime and it might surprise you. What impresses me is that the 883 gets over 50 mpg. Tell me to get one, etc. if I'm so in love with them, which I'm not. The same things that turn most of you off about them also turn me off too. I put around 1,000 per week on my current VTX1300, and dependability is foremost in my needs. However, though I found my HD undependable, I can vouch for the fact that it wasn't slow. Groove on with safety.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Another example of how speed, which can get you into trouble if you can't control yourself, can also be a safety device. I utilize the power of my '14 to keep me outta trouble alot of times, but mostly I use it for evil.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        Another example of how speed, which can get you into trouble if you can't control yourself, can also be a safety device. I utilize the power of my '14 to keep me outta trouble alot of times, but mostly I use it for evil.
                        "mend thy fast, evil ways!"
                        Last edited by zuma; 08-16-2008, 12:18 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Anyone have a link to that video that they can post? It would be fun to watch.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

What happens when the Grave Digger team paints their Harley Katana?

oh wait did you say katana vs. harley.... oops my bad....
                            THE EMAIL BANDIT
                            F4 I stunted out
                            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

gotta love that pre
                              so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
                              X