X

Harley Davidson vs. 2006 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson vs. 2006 Kat 600

My uncle has a 2007 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide with the Screaming Eagle Pipes, K & N Filter, and Power Commander. He wanted to race me with my stock (Besides cosmetic changes) bike. No wonder Harley's don't like sport bikes. I smoked him. Left him in the dust. What a joke. LOL I love my Kat
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Did you get a pink?
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      Did you get a pink?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, arent the wide glides like 90HP? good kill.
        Bling....

Comment

You probably only needed 2 gears before he said "uncle"

Blackdog
          Blackdog
          DRz-400e plated
          Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

why would you even waste your gas racing a Harley you could have used a mountain bike
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

i herd a quote on here a long time ago... harley is loud without that pesky side effect of Horse Power
              Last edited by IndyGunner; 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

hahaha

Originally posted by Edbean View Post

i herd a quote on here a long time ago... harley is loud without that pesky side effect of Horse Power

That's a outeffingstanding quote!

Comment

humm find a Vrod let me konw the result
                  sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                  A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

His bike stock had 59.9 HP on the Dyno. Wit the ad ons it dyno'd at 77 HP. The VROD would be interesting. my aunt has a VROD. Ill race her and let you all know. I think It would be close.

Oh and yea, I beat him in 2nd gear!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by STULER; 08-08-2008, 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I've seen a lot of Harleys in my day that could easily wipe the smile off any Katana owners face...
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

and the v-rod is one of them
                        89 kat 750
                        2X 85 fz 750
                        03 1100 v-star
                        86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                          The VROD would be interesting. my aunt has a VROD. Ill race her and let you all know. I think It would be close.
                          If she knows what she's doing and doesn't weigh 200Kg, no it won't. -She'll walk away from you in the same manner that you did to your uncle.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by SLYDVL View Post
                            11.31 @ 115mph for the V-rod as per motorcyclist magazine (read- "pro-ridden"). I know that there are faster kats than that on here. Actually, an old Katana 1100 will do faster than that completely stock. And at $17,000....... yeah, I don't think so. I like them alright, but not anywhere near that much.

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                            I've seen a lot of Harleys in my day that could easily wipe the smile off any Katana owners face...
                            Agreed...... it takes some work, though......

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            If she knows what she's doing and doesn't weigh 200Kg, no it won't. -She'll walk away from you in the same manner that you did to your uncle.
                            Exactly...... the numbers tell the story. She should take you pretty easily.
                            Last edited by loudnlow7484; 08-08-2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by kat6hundo View Post
                              That's a outeffingstanding quote!
                              I think it's more like

Originally posted by SLYDVL View Post
                              I dunno ? I saw a 1984 Suzuki GS1100E walk away from a V-Rod in the 1/4 on Pinks. He used a 3000.00 bike to take a 15000.00 V-Rod. After the first run, the guy riding the Suzuki wasn't even launching anymore, just riding hard. Seems like all y'all "old skool" dudes know of some "Super Harley" 20-30 years ago that can run with some of the bikes of today ...... WHATEVER. Buells are the only Harleys that come close to decent performance numbers. Here's a hint ...... pushrods have no business in a motorcycle engine if you want to go fast.
                              Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 08-08-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                              X