X

Front tire mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire mileage

How many miles are Y'all getting out of your front tires. I have 6000 miles & am wondering if I will make it to 9,000 or 10,000. I ride speed limit and am very easy on my bike. I currently have a Bridgestone Battlax 014 tire. Are there any good touring tires that will do better on milage?

Originally posted by nimblekat View Post
    How many miles are Y'all getting out of your front tires. I have 6000 miles & am wondering if I will make it to 9,000 or 10,000. I ride speed limit and am very easy on my bike. I currently have a Bridgestone Battlax 014 tire. Are there any good touring tires that will do better on milage?
    Yeah somewhere in there depend of riding style 8-10000miles. I brought my bike with a slightly used Pilot Power on the Front that was at 8,900mile now I have 16,452miles and Im at the pretty far into the wear makers not much life left at all.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Somebody once told me that if anybody offered 30k mile motorcycle tires, nobody would buy them, because grip to motorcyclists is always more important than wear...... probably because our a*s is on the line if the tire doesn't grip. That said, I could never pick out a tire because of how it wears. I'm sure somebody out there makes a rock-hard touring tire that you could get 155,981.5221 miles out of, but is it worth it? Stick with something good, something that will stick when you need it to...... I know somebody will recommend the Z6's on here.... I've never ridden on them, so I couldn't tell you. I have a personal issue with Dunlop, so I can't recommend them. I hear great things about Continental Road Attacks. A couple of Bandit guys I heard from swore by the Shinko Ravens (dirt cheap, too), and TDRComm has a Shinko Advance on his Busa. He does about 5000 miles per day, so you could ask him how it's wearing. I'm sure others will chime in, just giving my $.02
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Conti Road attacks or Metzler Z6's are the best of both worlds between good grip and longevity in sport touring tires, I've run both and you can't go wrong with either one.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

i've had the shinko on now for a week or 2 and seems to be doing fine. I was introducing the rear tire to the bike with a healthy burnout and my buddy said it looked like it was gonna catch fire.

Comment

My Z6's [front] wear to about 40-50% tread left at 12k - 14k miles and the I replace them at the same time as the rears (which are down to my minimums at that point).
            The Macadams and Dunlop 205's/207's both lasted under 5k for me on the fronts.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-27-2008, 05:19 PM. Reason: clarity: front tire specific mileage
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              A couple of Bandit guys I heard from swore by the Shinko Ravens (dirt cheap, too), and TDRComm has a Shinko Advance on his Busa. He does about 5000 miles per day, so you could ask him how it's wearing. I'm sure others will chime in, just giving my $.02

now that is some serious riding...........
              Last edited by ismatts; 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM.
              Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by ismatts View Post
                now that is some serious riding...........
                I know, I'm pretty sure he has something like 15 billion miles on that bike already. And it looks like brand spankin new!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X