X

about to install lowering links.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to install lowering links.

hey i was about to install my lowering linkes and i read that if you drop the rear it is best to drop the front as well is this true? if so how do you lower the front?

yes, it's true. Slide the forks up in the clip on's. Or just don't lower it at all

Comment

yeah i would say its better to drop it the same all around.... but you wanna make sure you will have enough ground clearance for your weight and the kind of riding you do....

you don't wanna scrape it all the time ( have several friends that do)....

but also... i dont think it would be that bad to lower the back a little and not touch the front... but if your gonna lower the back like 3 or 4 inches then deff lower the front too....
      THE EMAIL BANDIT
      F4 I stunted out
      Cbr900 (low and stretched)
      MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

if you gonna lower the rear 3 or 4 inches do yourself a favor and lite your Katana on fire and forget you ever had it.

Comment

i wasnt being for reals... i was just using it as an example.... ..... thanks for makin me look like a jackass hahahahahahaha.....
          THE EMAIL BANDIT
          F4 I stunted out

Comment

i think the links i got drop it about an inch to an inch and a half. can some one explain a little more detailed on how to lower the front.

Comment

There was a writeup on here a while back with pictures for the front ill see if i can find it.
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

its super easy... there is an 6mm i believe alen bolt at the top on the tripple tree.... then there is a 14mm bolt on the bottom of the tripple.... just look at it and you will be like oh its these....

anyways you loosen both of those and the fork will slide up and down... just slide it up however much you want... so for you about an inch then tighten everything back up..... MAKE SURE BOTH SIDES ARE EVEN.... hahaha....
                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                F4 I stunted out

Comment

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                  swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                  Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Theres some pictures.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

A word of caution: if you try to lower the front too much that way, you'll have either the fender crashing into the upper fairing, or the fork legs hitting the triples. Both are not a desirable thing.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I had it on the center stand when i did mine and put a jackstand on the exhaust to keep the front end up. then i didnt have to worry about the bike coming down.
                      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                        thanks for makin me look like a jackass hahahahahahaha.....
                        that's what I do

Comment

IMHO: IF, after lowing the rear, you still need to lower the front, do a small reduction in the front. A 1" rear drop should be matched to something in the neighborhood of a 0.25 - 0.4" front drop as max, unless you move to heavier rate springs at the same time.

Notes:
                          The more you drop both ends, the more the sidestand will have to modified to work.
                          The rear drop won't affect the range of motion of the shock (it'll just change direction of the shock and move over a smaller effective range because of the change of angle); changing the front will affect the stock spring's ability to do their job (and should be mated to a set of stiffer springs or at least preloading the existing spring).
                          You should also consider other solutions to help balance height, such as a lower seating area and lower-profile tires (if you go to lower profiles, say 120/60 & 150/60, make sure they are weight-rated for the Kat!).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i just put on the lowering links and finally i can stand flat footed, i feel much safer now!!! i didnt lower the front any though cuz it seems evened out? also if i lower the front any my kick stand will not work hahah. i drove it around and every thing still seems the same ( besides it being a little more bumpy)

Comment

good stuff. Enjoy and ride safe.
                              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                              X