X

Got a Ticket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Ticket

Well got stopped today for the second time in about a week. First time they let me off with a verbal warning. This time I was pulling out of my road no one to be seen except for a SUV way up the road. Pull out shift up to second and look in the rear view... They guy is beyond on my tail... Not even thinking of it I get on the gas, I was already going 25 but punched it. Well next corner that was right there the cops is sitting and gets me doing 46 down a slight hill. So needless to say I got a ticket... Uggg Explained why I what happened and all he said is I heard you get on the gas.. I was already off the gas when I saw him...

welcome to the oh $hit the cop club. I got tickeked last week for doing 140km in an 80km zone.

Comment

you can try fighting the ticket because of the down hill its worth a try
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Doubt the down hill thing would work... Not a big down hill.... Only thing I could fight based on is the guy riding my butt... But then again..

Comment

i've noticed one way to get cops to leave you alone, and this has kept me out of aseveral tickets over the past year.....JUST SLOW DOWN!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Contact cop, ask to plead guilty to your state's equivolent of "failure to obey a traffic control device" - same great fine, but none of the nasty points.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
              welcome to the oh $hit the cop club. I got tickeked last week for doing 140km in an 80km zone.
              How much was that fine? In Ontario, thats considered street racing and your license and vehicle go bye bye for a week. Not to mention your cash that goes bye bye for good.

Originally posted by SnowBandit View Post
              Well got stopped today for the second time in about a week. First time they let me off with a verbal warning. This time I was pulling out of my road no one to be seen except for a SUV way up the road. Pull out shift up to second and look in the rear view... They guy is beyond on my tail... Not even thinking of it I get on the gas, I was already going 25 but punched it. Well next corner that was right there the cops is sitting and gets me doing 46 down a slight hill. So needless to say I got a ticket... Uggg Explained why I what happened and all he said is I heard you get on the gas.. I was already off the gas when I saw him...
              do your research, and then take it to court. I'm sure there is information on the web available to you that is specific to your location. I use a local forum with a ton of good info for fighting tickets. Around here the court dates are set so far in advance that it is borderline infringing on rights to a speedy trial. Any slight delays and a good number of cases are automatically thrown out.

Don't count on that though. Do your research and build a case. If it works the same where you are, you will be able to request disclosure from the officer which will include such information as radar model used etc... Use the info from the disclosure to determine if you have a case. Perhaps the radar unit picked up the much larger vehicle that was on your a$$. If it didn't all you really need to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that it could have.
              Last edited by chinto; 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                you can try fighting the ticket because of the down hill its worth a try
                Isn't that why we have brakes? Never try this one in court, you'll just **** off the judge.

Comment

how is it the cops issue that you were 60kmh over the posted?
                  Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Motorcycles stand out; particularly 'sport' bikes. Anytime a cop gets a chance, they'll nail 'em. I keep that in mind when I go out and I've managed (so far) to avoid a ticket in 25 years of riding these types of motorcycles (including 8 years on a 'busa and my '14, which were purpose-built to go to maximum warp...).
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                      Contact cop, ask to plead guilty to your state's equivolent of "failure to obey a traffic control device" - same great fine, but none of the nasty points.
                      Depends on the state. Same point-spread here in Florida.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If a guy is on your *** that bad the best thing to do is pull off the road and let him get nailed by the cop.

As far as your current situation just go in and tell the judge that you thought the vehical was going to rear end you and so you picked up speed while looking for a safe place to get off the road.... that's close enough to true
                        In the end plead guilty/no contest though, don't try and fight it. If all goes well they'll at least reduce the fine for you, if all goes poorly and the judge doesn't let you talk then at least you won't have ****ed them off by taking up more time.

Sad thing is I would have done the same thing on my bike, in my car I would have nailed the breaks and let them hit me... I'd love to be rid of my stupid cage anyway .
                        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

If i were you i would plead guilty. Take the reduced points and fine. Its worth it. dont try to fight a ticket which was clearly speeding. the judge is gonna say "what happened" ur gonna say i sped up to try to make some space between me and the SUV. the judge will say were you speeding, u have to say YES. there guilty!!!! Happened to me bro, trust me just take the reduced fine. And from now on, let tailgaters pass you up.
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                          X