X

Shift bootie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift bootie

I went to the local Iron Pony store to find the strap that goes over the boot to protect your shoes/boots from getting scratched up from the gear shifter. He told me they had some of the newer styles in, which was a lil bottie to cover the shifter. I bought a black one and like it better than the large strap that has to go over your boot to prevent scaring of the boot. Until now, I was riding in old boots, but now I can bring out the good boots and not worry about the boots getting a black mark on the left boot. They had them in a few different colors. Apparently Columbus Ohio just recently got these, so it may be old in other parts of the country.... anyway, I love it and saves me the pain from wrestling with the shoe strap. It ran me $10.99...
    Attached Files
    [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

I been needing to get one of theses. Especially when I rided in my Miltary Uniform. Maybe I will order one today there fairly cheap
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Let us know how it works. I was under the impression that the boot cover things were to prevent any friction against the boot that could cause a mark. This seems like there will still be friction on the boot, just from a different material. I'm curious to know how it works.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've only had it on for about a week now and I ride in some old high yellow boots and I haven't noticed any change in color yet, but it's still early....
        [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

How thick is it?
          sigpic

Comment

I've seen the neoprin ones -- like 1/8th inch (3/16ths?) scuba suit material. I always wondered how well they would hold up over time...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

get yourself black riding shoes/boots and you do not have that issue
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

oh *

i need one of these
                i am tired of my yellow lugs boots having that black mark on them from riding.... i hate cleaning them often

they have a website?
                Last edited by 4g vtec; 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM.
                97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Comment

The spirit of JP lives on

Comment

Working...
                    X