X

Im new here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new here

I have a 06 - 750 Katana....only have 3grand on the clock yet but I love my bike.

I've rode Gixxers, Ninja and one or two others but in the long run...I love the Katana...only problem I find witht he katana is finding cool stuff for mods..Im currently looking for a carbon fiber muffler with the euro tips...cTwo brothers is the only ones making it that I have found but they are sooo small

anyone have that can and how does it sound...

Ive heard both M2 and M5's.. They are sick.. I love em.. I'm getting an M2 because I don't like my exhaust being all the way to the Tail..

Comment

Check out scorpion exhaust....and D&D, if you want it really loud!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

hello and welcome
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Yeah! Welcome!
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome. You'll find a lot of mods around here, including:
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82450 <<- Geelong Carbon Fiber Tank Protectors
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596 <<- Oil Temp Gauges, Voltage Gauges, shift kits, advancers, maint stuff
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60133 <<- custom made dogbones
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77778 <<- Hel Brake lines

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Stay safe.
                Originally posted by Nero
                "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Welcome, from a fellow newby.

Had my 2006 Kat for one week today. I love it. Different riding position then my last bike, an 800 pound tourer. But I expect to have fun the next 9 months until my son turns 16 and I hand it to him.

I might not go back to a "tour" bike and might do a sport tourer???? Dealer informed me the Hayabusa is a Sport Tourer and Corbin makes hard bags for it. Now to get the wife to agree to ride on it??????

Started with 1 mile on the odometer. Filled her up last night with 172 miles. I was surprised, 3.47 gallons. Much better mileage then I had expected. Of course, I am doing break in, so I am still riding it like my cruiser/tour bike. And my scorpions and jet kit have not been installed yet!!!!

I'll do some soft luggage on my weeklong 2500 mile trip in a few weeks.
                  Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

welcome to the site
                    "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Welcome...there's a lot here.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

They make Givi racks & luggage for your Kat, Kaufman...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Givi

OK, I am going to order the Top Case from Givi.

I imagine the E52, custom painted will take longer then a V46 with a add on color matched top. And I want to have one ASAP.

But my question, what color best matches a 2006, Red Katana?

I am thinking the Candy Red, but I am not sure, it could be the regular red. The samples available on the web are not great.

Anyone have an idea what color?
                          Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

Based on personal experiences:

(A) Get the unpainted bags (black/charcoal plastic). The bags will last longer than most riders keep their bikes, and your next bike will almost assuredly not be the same color.

(B) IMHO: Side-bags instead of a top-case on a Katana. Because of where it sits on the 98+ Kats in particular, the top-bag acts like a huge sail and if loaded up can make the front wheel light under acceleration (can cause handling to suck in the rain). The side-bags hang behind the rider's (& passenger's) legs in a much less air-drag location (still some, but not nearly as bad), much lower and closer to the center of gravity (Cg). The side-bags also act as a set of comfortable grab handles for any passengers (ditto the rack when the bags aren't there).

(C) The side-racks also act as the worlds' best tail bumper/crash guard for the rear. I had a lady hit me from behind with the corner of her van -- the side rack on that side can-opener'd her van all the way down the side & I didn't go down at all (granted, I saw her coming in the last second and got the clutch in & brakes off -- I was at a full stop when she tried to cut around me).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X