X

Which Technical Manual?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Technical Manual?

Okay ... I have the option to either buy the Clymer or Haynes manual for my bike. Which would be the better option?
    Suzuki Clymer Repair Manual ($28.99)
    0.00%
    Suzuki Haynes Repair Manual ($25.99)
    100.00%
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Neither. Get the Suzuki official Factory Repair Manual (which is put out by Suzuki Corp and not by Haynes nor by Clymer) if it's still in print. You should be able to get it through your dealer for about $80, from RonAyers.com for about $60, or as an illegal scanned copy on eBay for about $25 (usually).

It is the bible; the other two have errors in them in various places at times and do not cover nearly as much detail.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Or just wait for CP to finish his book, that should have just about all you need to know as well

Comment

Hahahaha quality!

Comment

I agree with CP 100%. I picked up a Suzuki manual and I was very impressed with the level of detail. It was worth every penny. This is where i got mine http://www.motocom.com/motorcycles/1991/62/5/5895

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
            Or just wait for CP to finish his book, that should have just about all you need to know as well
            Mine is not a repair manual -- it's tips, tricks, history and why-things-are-the-way-they-are book, which doesn't compete with any of the manuals out there

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
              Neither. Get the Suzuki official Factory Repair Manual (which is put out by Suzuki Corp and not by Haynes nor by Clymer) if it's still in print. You should be able to get it through your dealer for about $80, from RonAyers.com for about $60, or as an illegal scanned copy on eBay for about $25 (usually).

It is the bible; the other two have errors in them in various places at times and do not cover nearly as much detail.
              I agree with Cyber...depending on what knowledge you already have. Do you need a book to walk you through everything, or just something for reference? If you are already mechanically inclined, you can get by with a Clymer or Haynes manual. But if you are looking for detail, you can not beat the shop manual. My Clymer has served me well for what few times I needed to use it.

Mine is not a repair manual -- it's tips, tricks, history and why-things-are-the-way-they-are book, which doesn't compete with any of the manuals out there
              I was looking at your site with all the specs, Cyber. I have all that missing info for the gsx1100f that you were looking for....tire size, seat height...etc, etc. I will email it to you if you want it.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                I was looking at your site with all the specs, Cyber. I have all that missing info for the gsx1100f that you were looking for....tire size, seat height...etc, etc. I will email it to you if you want it.
                Send it
                I'll update it...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by Need4Speed

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  oh I know, just giving ur book a few props 8)

Comment

Send it
                    I'll update it...
                    my pleasure
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i agree that the Suzuki manual is the best, if you don't want to spend that much, go for the Clymer.

Comment

I agree with Cyber...depending on what knowledge you already have. Do you need a book to walk you through everything, or just something for reference? If you are already mechanically inclined, you can get by with a Clymer or Haynes manual. But if you are looking for detail, you can not beat the shop manual. My Clymer has served me well for what few times I needed to use it. [/quote]

My knowledge is pretty basic at this point, I have a generic understanding of how things work, and I have been reading through the book I bought "101 Sportbike Performance Projects" and it's helping me to understand more and more about the bike. Next step is definately "hands on" for me.

I would have never thought to look for a Suzuki book, I'm glad I made this post. Thanks a lot gang!

Comment

I ordered the Clymer today. Simple reason why is I'm swapping in a 91 gsxr motor & the clymers covers that year gsxr & up to the 96/97 Kat 750's

Comment

Working...
                          X