X

warming up your engine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warming up your engine

Does anyone allow a certain time for your bike to run and warm up before heading out?

Depends on how cold it is. In this weather (33 degrees cel.) I hardly need to choke it at all. And if I do, it's only for 10 sec. or so.

Comment

I just smoke a cig for my first start of the day.
      WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

ive got to idle at full to 3/4 choke for 5 minutes before i can head out.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
          ive got to idle at full to 3/4 choke for 5 minutes before i can head out.
          unless your talking when its real cold out, your carbs are not in tune so much

I usually wait a min or two at the most but when its cold out i wait till at least the sides of the motor start to get hot. I just reach in through the big holes in the side fairings
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
            unless your talking when its real cold out, your carbs are not in tune so much

I usually wait a min or two at the most but when its cold out i wait till at least the sides of the motor start to get hot. I just reach in through the big holes in the side fairings

yeah, it was around 92 degrees today.

Comment

well first you rub on her headlights (soft and gentle) then u whisper sweet things in her ear... little slap on the tailight... should be good to go!!
              With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
              The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
              To the bang bang boogie
              Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Usually 2 - 3 minutes, unless it's already run that day.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

if things are right with bike it should not take no more than a min or two to get started
                  sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Start it up and by the time im done gearing up it's ready to go, when it was 70 it took an extra couple minutes.

Comment

I start it up, put my jacket on, back pack on, helmet on, gloves on and then I take off and go easy on the RPMs for a couple miles.
                      96 Katana 600
                      97 4 door Blazer LT
                      03 Honda Pilot EXL
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, deja vue. I SWEAR this question got asked before, and I answered the same way...

A while back, a major MC mag fielded this question. They said that if you started the bike, gave it just enough time to stabilize it's idle (a few seconds) and rode off gently, you were NOT doing any harm to it.
                        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

5 minutes for me, I have a ciggy then I bounce

Comment

if i start my engine i'm either working on it or going somewhere. i move off as soon as it'll idle on it's own
                            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

enough time to put my gear on and smoke then I role.

Comment

Working...
                              X