X

Passenger age...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger age...

Do states have a minimum age requirement for passengers on motorcycles? I know I'm okay riding my 14 yr old home from school but I have a 10 yr old that likes to ride too. Is he legal?

Im not sure about the law, but I always drove my daughter to 1st grade on my bike.

Comment

I believe as long as they wear a helmet they're fine. My dad used to ride me around alot on his Harley when I was 10.

Comment

I recently saw a goldwing with a child seat.....facing backwards even!
        Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
          I recently saw a goldwing with a child seat.....facing backwards even!
          Now that just doesn't seem safe at all.

Comment

If you're gonna...

If you're gonna have a child seat on a bike it probably should face backwards, as that would lessen the whiplash of a head-on impact. And the kid wouldn't get bugs in his eyes. Also, if someone is riding too close behind you the kid can give them the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMyKat View Post
              If you're gonna have a child seat on a bike it probably should face backwards, as that would lessen the whiplash of a head-on impact. And the kid wouldn't get bugs in his eyes. Also, if someone is riding too close behind you the kid can give them the finger.
              LOL thats great... I wouldn't mine riding my kid on my bike ( I have no kids but I feel personally 10 is an ok age IMHO) but I would have to get a Corbin back rest. IDK it would just make me feel better knowing its back there.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

there no age limit on passengers
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

i'm going to take my grandma for a ride. she'd probably get a kick out of that, she's in her 70's. haha

Comment

My wifes cousin lives in NC, and she is looking for a side car for her bike for her baby/car seat. Wouldn't that be a sight to see!
                    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

I used to ride my kids around on my bike when they were 7 and 9. SInce they were still pretty small, I used to put them in front of me so they could hold on to the triple tree, and with my arms on each side there was less chance of them falling off. When they got big enough that that was getting uncomfortable, they moved to the back. My daughter spent enough time on the bike growing up (she's 21 now) that the last time I took her for a ride, I couldn't even feel her behind me going through the canyons.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

in Minnesota, the child has to be big enough to have both feet firmly on the passenger pegs. There is no requirement of WHERE the pegs have to be mounted to my knowlage. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to wear a helmet.

My buddy has been taking his son with him on his full dress harley since he was about 3. He's gotta be 6 now. The back seat and footboards are custom fit for him, and he's in full gear. He gets ****ed when Dad dont take him with.
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                          in Minnesota, the child has to be big enough to have both feet firmly on the passenger pegs. There is no requirement of WHERE the pegs have to be mounted to my knowlage. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to wear a helmet.
                          Same here in Kommiefornia.
                          My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
                          Other bikes:
                          2 1985 CR500
                          1 1987 CR500
                          1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                            Ditto Florida.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X