Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Best/cheapest place for chain and sprocket kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/cheapest place for chain and sprocket kit?

Hey all, I am looking for a deal on a chain and sprocket kit for my 2000 Kat 750. I have been seeing prices of $170-$200. Has anyone found any
    deals better than that? if so, let me know so I can pick one up. Thanks.

Don't skimp on a chain (or sprockets for that matter), my brother put a cheap chain on a Katana 1100, non o-ring, master link type. The master link broke taking out the front sprocket cover, the clutch pushrod and the slave cylinder. It could have been worse, it could have wrapped itself around the rear hub and locked the wheel. With tires and chains, get the best quality you can afford. Anything less is just false economy - you'll pay more in the end.

Cheers!

Jollidude

Comment

you can get a rk/ vortex setup for $150 on ebay from sumofallparts

Comment

just remember you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
          you can get a rk/ vortex setup for $150 on ebay from sumofallparts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW
          I ordered my set-up through them and am very happy with the product. If you're hesitant to go through E-bay, they also have an online store...www.sumofallparts.net.

They let you choose what set-up you want (sprocket ratio) and will throw in a gold chain for no extra cost...most places charge at least $20 more for the gold.
          1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I ordered just a gold chain from them, very happy with it. They were the ONLY place I could find that offered a gold 130 link.

Comment

I caught my gold chain on clerance at www.denniskirk.com.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I bet it wasn't a 130 link either, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
                  I caught my gold chain on clerance at www.denniskirk.com.
                  What did you pay on clearance?
                  I know DK has the 130 Gold RK..
                  Sumofallparts.net seems to consistently have good deals on RK/Vortex sets..

Comment

yeah that is true, I did not check DK, or maybe I did, don't remember

Comment

I usually get the Vortex/RK combo kit from Bikebandit.com. Depending on time of year, they are sometimes on sale...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i kept watchin E-Bay and swooped at the last minute and got a RK gold chain and sprocket set, unopened, new in the factory package, for $60 plus shipping. if you're patient, and pay attention, you can score on e-bay. just make sure they're clear about it being new,unopened, and in the factory packaging.
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                          i kept watchin E-Bay and swooped at the last minute and got a RK gold chain and sprocket set, unopened, new in the factory package, for $60 plus shipping. if you're patient, and pay attention, you can score on e-bay. just make sure they're clear about it being new,unopened, and in the factory packaging.
                          I guess I've figured out why you chose the sn you did...I wish I had your dumb luck!!
                          1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie View Post
                            I guess I've figured out why you chose the sn you did...I wish I had your dumb luck!!

actually, it's how i got my Kat. sheer dumb luck. if memory serves, the story is in my profile, and i also posted it in the introduction part of the forum when i first joined. it's held fitting and true, as in finding this forum, the sprocket/chain set, and most of all, the people
                            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

i just got mine a few weeks ago

i think it ended up being like 5 bucks cheaper then bike bandit if i recall correctly

Comment

Working...
                              X