X

hazard blinkers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on the diagram.

This is a mod I have been thinking about for my kat.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
      Yes, but it will be after I take the farings back off in the next week or so to do some other mods.
      he did say a week or so

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

2000 does not have them
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

What kind of switch would you guys use? Or would you change the whole control for something newer... ?
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
            +1 on the diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
              I added them on my 01. Made a wire that would jump between the two sides with a switch in the middle. Flip the switch and put either side blinker on and both flash. Turn the switch off and all is back to normal. I got to the wires under the third eye faring.

Hilde
              Here's his How To post: Four way flasher Mod on +98 without flashers

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              Should be on the right side above the starter button, as in where the turn signal switch is, but on the opposite side.

My 2001 doen't have them either but bought the switch so I can use it for my oil cooler fans.

Last edited by squiggy; 07-18-2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Been thinking about adding hazards to my 2000 (post)600, jhilde's mod does look for if you want hazards while riding (poor visibility) but, don't you need the ignition on? Honestly the last thing I want to do if I've stopped at an accident is leave my bike drawing attention to itself with the key in!?

Comment

Wow...5 year old necro
                  sigpic

Comment

I know, I know, reviving a long dead thread but, isn't it bad form to just go ahead and start a new one?I mean in theory I could just post afresh that I'm thinking of how do I go about it, but the response might at best be a link back to an old thread. jhilde's method is nice, simple and effective, but it still leaves three issue wrt needing the key in.

Comment

Got em on my 91
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd like to say that my 03 does NOT have hazards. So gotta be 04 or 05.

Comment

So it would seem that the hazard lights on gsxf/katana were only factory fitted for k3 through k6, and even then it's debatable. Anyway I've been pawing over the wiring diagram looking for a way to energise the indicator relay to make the previously mentioned mod work with the ignition off. What I think I've landed on is the parking lights. With the ignition switch turned to the P position, (and the key removed), the side lights remain on with the ignition off. So by shorting from the side lights to the indicator relay feed, that relay would be live with the side lights on, ie the ignition in the P position, so the new additional hazard light switch too would be live. As my Kat is a 600 I don't have the issue of the carb heaters also being energised and draining the battery, as such if you have a late model 750 my idea would not be a good one. Anyway if someone more knowledgeable/experienced would kindly check/comment, that would be great, thanks.

Comment

After looking over the wiring diagram, you could install a single pole double throw switch that takes power from the signal switch and feed both signal wires
                            Light blue = power feed, green = right feed, black = left feed
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So long as the blue is accessible through the sidelight panel, that is pretty much what I was thinking. However it does still leave me with the issue of energising the relay with the ignition off...

Comment

Working...
                              X