X

just changed oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just changed oil

I just changed my oil on my 2000 kat 600cc and used mobil 1 racing 4t 10w-40 synthetic oil. And I am amazed how smooth it feels now, and it shifts so much smoother. It was well worth the price of the oil. I am glad I went and bought a torque wrench for the oil plug because I know I would have stripped it. Just wanted to say Im sold on this oil incase anyone was thinking of using it.

My shifting always feels smoother with fresh oil, even though I use the cheapest 10w40 motorcycle oil on the shelf. It's always done the job for me.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Your right it does always feels better after an oil change but not like it does this time. All I can say is im sold on this oil compared to all the oils I have used in the past. I have been riding for over 15 years and I have never felt a differnce from an oil change like this one. Is it worth the money maybe not but im sold.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and get a Fumoto valve, one less oil pan bolt to torque or strip. http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I just use a siphon hose and take the oil out the top. Seems to work well, and takes a lot less time.
          What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

I use regular ole oil 10w40 and it's does the job for me. I don't run the bike hard and I tend to change the oil before time.
            Sip 1

Comment

I'd rather get the good stuff. this is your engine we're talking about.
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

katman05 which one do I get for my 2000 katana 600. The oil pan valve

Comment

i found Amsoil thru a local distributor for $7.50 a quart, $84 a case ($7 a quart). He also has gallon jugs available for under $28 ($7/Qt). Gytr says he runs it and has no problems. I'm lookin forward to experiencing the difference once i get my body parts back from paint. "the waiting is the hardest part" lol
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by rgollar View Post
                    katman05 which one do I get for my 2000 katana 600. The oil pan valve
                    Model F111.

Note that install will require a little modification of your oil pan (cutting away about 85% of the ridge to the side of the oil drain hole to permit the fumoto to screw in). I've run them in all four of my Kats and they are fantastic!

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
                      I just use a siphon hose and take the oil out the top. Seems to work well, and takes a lot less time.
                      How do you know you are getting it all out?

I'd much rather drain.
                      Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                      '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                      '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                      '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                      I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Working...
                      X