where is the EPA plug on the carb???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the EPA plug on the carb???

Hello all,
    Well I've been reading post after post about drilling out the plug to get to the Air/fuel adjuster and

I pretty much have it all down (great info guys) I really like the tip about using a dremel to make a notch in it and pop it out... any how like I'm said I pretty sure I can handle this task, I however have two question... Where is it?? and is there 4 plugs to take out??

I have the downloaded version of the owners manual put pics are a bit unclear to me.

I was really hoping someone could post a hi res. pic and or any other tips for this job ,,, I just added a m5 Two Bros pipe this weekend and I'm getting the all to familar after fires when I down shift and mild sounding pop when I up shift, I had zero issues before adding the pipe... which I love

My Kat is a 2006.

Please please help
    Last edited by Bobby Ray; 05-12-2008, 08:12 PM.

Salem, OR

yes theres 4 and if you take out the carbs and look at where the fuel comes in to the bowls you should be able to make them out
    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Comment

Don't dremel them -- simply drill a small hole (don't go more than 1/8" through), then stick in a self-tapping screw and pry them out.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wood screw has always worked best for me . I'll use the Dremel and it's drill bit to go all the way through the cap first , though .Until you can JUST see the hole in the bottom start to grow .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X