No announcement yet.
X

No love for the Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People that talk sh** about your Kat to your face must be humbled by a swift kick to the groin area. They will quickly feel the love we have for our bikes!
    If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway!

Comment

Code:
      i waited to get bashed on by my 2 riding friends (SRAD 600 and Busa owners), and all they said was "who cares, you ridin' ain't you?"
      Wish more people took that attitude...

Comment

That's pretty much my attitude. I ride with a couple friends. One is a lady who has a Kawasaki Ninja 250, and the other (her husband) has a Vulcan 1500 (I think). All prejudice goes out the window, we have bikes and we ride together, that's all we care about.
        Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

I'm not saying they are not our there, but I have yet to meet a person that is truely into bikes that has any desire to buy a Busa. We are in the middle of what will be known as "The Great Bike Rush Of 2004/2005" due to all the TV shows, movies and Hip Hop videos. I could never let fads or pier/social pressure decide for me what bike to buy. If you get a chance, ask a Busa rider why he bought that bike, they will reply "it's the baddest bike", "it will beat your bike" along with other stupid comments. Ask someone with a bike that is not the popular bike this week, and they will give you legit reasons for thier purchase. ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS YOU OR YOUR RIDE FOR WHAT IT IS, IS NOT A RIDER, they are someone who bought a bike, and does not get the "bond" of bikes.

Comment

my busa friend loves his bike 'cause of the speed it has, and the name of it i think. "it's the fastest production bike made" is his defending comment. but he was humbled last weekend by a 600RR at the strip lmao he's a good guy with a great riding attitude towards all bikes, but is also competitive so i thought it was funny he was taken by a 600 with a better launch... lol (1/8th mile track, i was told he'd have caught the 600 if it was a 1/4)

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
            "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by saygra
              . ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS YOU OR YOUR RIDE FOR WHAT IT IS, IS NOT A RIDER, they are someone who bought a bike, and does not get the "bond" of bikes.
              isnt that kinda what you are doing to the Busa and their owners
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Bigger may be better.

I've got to admit that, I looked past the Katana for one reason.
                Engine displacement.

Suzuki needs to look at a 1200 Katana.

That' a Bandit 1200S with full body work.
                I'd have bought one without a second thought and I wouldn't have to always be on the lookout for my next new bike.

I've only had my Kat 750 for a month. I like it a great deal, but if I see an alternative I might consider going for it.
                "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Traitor! LOL
                  If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                    Originally posted by saygra
                    . ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS YOU OR YOUR RIDE FOR WHAT IT IS, IS NOT A RIDER, they are someone who bought a bike, and does not get the "bond" of bikes.
                    isnt that kinda what you are doing to the Busa and their owners
                    Not at all, I have all the respect in the world for the Busa, it's design, and what it can do performance wise. Lets face it, it is the standard, what everyone is chasing, literally. I also have no problem with a person who buys a Busa, for thier own reasons, not because some cat in a Ruff Riders video is sport'n one or because the chump at the dealership says "man you don't want that, this is what you need" or even worse, buying a Busa, not the bike you want, so people will respect you and not make fun of your bike. Get the bike you want, for the color, the motor, the fairings, the headlight, I will always have more respect for someone who bought thier bike for them, then the guy that is roll'n on 190 HP cause that's what was "cool"

Comment

Y'know, when I joined up with the edmonton sport riders, I was pretty much an outcast.....

However, over the last few years, I think my buddies have kinda come to respect it a little more....There's been a few nights when I've been all over the tail of a couple guys on R6's and TT600's; just on my little stock 600 as we rip up the clovers on the highway....so I think they've kinda recognized that it IS a little more capable than originally percieved.

I also recently tried going out with the local stunters...and their goofy remarks about my blue pig soon changed as I deflated the rear tire a bit, and hoisted the front wheel 20" off the ground in 1st.....Nothing exciting really...but definitely a suprise from someone who's never done a wheelie on anything but a mountain bike before.

Overall...it may not be a stunting bike, and it may not be able to hang with all the big displacement bikes.....but it IS still able to do what the rest of them can - just on a slightly smaller scale. I love mine...and I'll only sell it if I really have to.
                      FrankenKat 1216
                      GS Fiter 816
                      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Honeslty, if I had the money for a Busa I'd buy a Kawi ZX12R instead. There's just something about the busa that I don't particularly like.

I'm pretty happy with my Katana 600, and I'm sure once I get started with the mods I'll be even more happy.
                        Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Second look

Since if been riding my Black 750F I've had several sport bike guys snap a second look at my bike quoting, I thought it was a 'Busa pulling up.
                          I went to the spec.s sheet from both bikes and you know, the Kat is an inch wider at the bars, an inch taller in the seat and about 3/4 inch shorter at the tail.
                          I like that it is a physically larger bike. It's excellent for two up riding because of the size.
                          No I'm not going to win any races or pull any 160K wheelies, but man I sure am having a ton of fun ziggin' through the twisties. And 250Kph will get me where I need to go in plenty of time.
                          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

last week i rode with four other people, 2 ZX6R's an R1 and a Harley, we rode for a while and i was hanging with them fine and then we stopped to let a guy get some gas...and one of the guys on the R1 came over and asked me if mine was an 1100, ( all of my stickers are removed and i have a d&d exhaust)and i was like hell no man it's a 6, he looked at me all confused and was like what? so i said yeh man it's a 03 Katana 600, then he wanted to sit on it and was like man this is comfortable as hell, then he saw the gas guage and was amazed. so all i can say is at least so far nobodies hated on my Kat???????
                            Ask About Me
                            I'mma Hustla

UNC Tarheels 2005 NCAA National Champs !

Comment

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
                              Honeslty, if I had the money for a Busa I'd buy a Kawi ZX12R instead. There's just something about the busa that I don't particularly like.

I'm pretty happy with my Katana 600, and I'm sure once I get started with the mods I'll be even more happy.
                              Yeah, the 12R is sweet, I'd also take that over a busa in a hot second. the Busa just isnt all the comfortable to me, and If Im gonna go in debt for a brand new bike, it better be alteast semi comfortable

Once you start mod'n your Kat, u'll have the bug, and just keep doing more and more and more !!

Comment

you guys are crazy, a kawi over a busa. lol. I guess every one is entitled to their opinion no matter how crazy it is. I guess I have an advantage, my fat ass gives me all the comfort on the busa seat that I need. I find it very comfortable. Also the front lean on the busa seems just about the same as the kat to me. I am a bigger guy and I love a bigger bike, that is one of the reasons, I bought the kat in the first place. I agree with the modding thing, I got hooked big time modding the kat, then I figured I might as well mod the damn bike that I am going to keep. When I was looking at bikes and was going to buy a used one, I kept hearing people I know have problems on their bikes and I figured that I dont want to inherit some one elses issues, so I went with the new. What I found out quickly is that a busa is no more expensive then a gixxer 1000 or an R1. And the zx12 and cbrr1000 are even more expensive. I am very happy with my decision to go new and to go busa. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing my kat brothers that are coming up for the big ride in June. I still think katriders is the best overall forum
                                Big Cory
                                SBFMC 707
                                2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                                X