No announcement yet.
X

No love for the Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the can-o-tuna said to me as well when we first met up with a small group...they even asked if i was able to keep up...by the end of the day, they were impressed as hell! now im just accepted in the group as normal now?
    "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

I bought my 2000 Kat 600 with 13,000 miles and paid 3700.00. Which at the time was 500 below book value, last year by the way. I love my bike and I have put over 2k on her since I purchased her. To heck with people with narrow minds.
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
        You know the tires size to pen%$ ratio, well for some guys the same holds true for thier bike. All the men here are obviously comfortable in their manhood and have nothing to prove!!
        right on katgirl
        rock
        always working on mods

Comment

Well just last night...

Just last night, I went out with the local sport bike guys.( They meet every Tuesday)
          11 of us head out on the back roads for a 100 ish Km run. I must admit, they gave me little respect, until the Trans Canada, blast home.
          A bunch of them took off, ever see a stand up wheelie at about 170k, for a couple of Ks? Any way I hung back to clean up the debris should any one crash. But, the oil smoke from some these guys was more than I could stand. At 140 I dropped to 4th until I hit 200. Then shifted into 5th until I saw 245. I had a gear to go and tons of power. Til' that CBR954 blasted by me.
          Anyway about a half hour later when we stopped at the local Tim's, the other guys remarked about how I blew about half of them away. And how I was able to stick with the big guys.
          Oh ya! That CBR 954. He couldn't tell me how fast he was going. The speedo only goes to 299kph.

That will be the only time I go that fast. I've had my Kat 750 for two weeks yesterday. It was question that needed to be answered. And I'm too old for that sh_ _ t.
          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Another timeless debate rolls on.. Consider the source.. anybody who uses that reasoning to not buy a bike, is most definately, without a doubt, 100% SQUID !!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a Triumph...people think they don't even make a sportbike

Comment

People always have to cut down what they just dont understand....

Comment

Another thing you have to understand, is usually these are young puncks, trying to be cool. Mommy and Daddy prolly bought them this bike, and have no idea about the true cost of the bike with insurance and all. Wait till they grow up a bit, and maybe they will see the error of there ways.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

At 140 I dropped to 4th until I hit 200. Then shifted into 5th until I saw 245. I had a gear to go and tons of power.
                    That's indicated too... That's roughly 150mph. Of that you were probably doing about 130-135. I'm not SURE but I'd expect a 750 to top out around 145. It's certainly fun to get into those triple digits now and then isn't it? I had the gix750 at 170+mph INDICATED on the way back from Gary, IN a while back and it was exhilirating. Think that was probably the last time I had it much over 100mph though. Exhilirating is one thing... But when you start thinking of skidding down the highway at that speed the fun starts to drain away a bit.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Yeah I've been catching hell too. My Dad and his cronies all have Harleys and tried to talk me into getting one. Hell no I said and went about my Kat purchase. You can pretty much figure the rest out yourselves! Do I let it bother me? No Is it annoying? Yes. Have yet to go out with the Squids but I'm ready to catch hell. Screw 'em. Until they ride on one they'll never understand!
                      If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway!

Comment

Ignorance is bliss!
                        -----------------------
                        2000 Katana 750
                        K&N Filter and Jet Kit
                        Yoshi Slip-on
                        Katana Tank Bra
                        Polished bar ends
                        100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

Yes I made fun of katana's before I got this one for a steal and love it! I've had gixxers (750 and 1000),cbrs (600,929 and 954) fzr 600 (89) and r6's(2002). I'm getting old so this bike fits me great, not saying it's bad to get old but I like the feel of the cockpit.
                          Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

Comment

The concept of being able to do a 400 mile ride, hit some twisties, look cool while getting gas, and walk upright like a normal human without pain at the end of the ride is lost on the typical ignorant poser.

Ride what you want, not what the herd tells you to.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good call! Katana's do give all around enjoyment and with that all I pray for all the idiots on race bikes with the desire to impress more experienced riders in the twisties!
                              If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway!

Comment

Most of the problems we face with this is that most of the crowd is young inexperienced and its like keeping up with the joneses. I ride regularly and i hit the twisties twice a month for 6 hours. I am in the middle of the pack ahead of alot of sport bikes and then there are a lot ahead of me. I am never left that far behind . Its all skill level I have seen 3 riders in the last 2 months slide out of a turn because they went in too hot. I am happy with my kat and I like the fact that there isnt 10 bikes like mine everytime I ride I am usually the only kat in the group. The guys die when i am riding and I take a Sunkist out of my tank bag and start sipping on it when we are going down the highway. I dont have to stop and drink. How many riders will ride to the gap ?
                                Cyber and I will and it is over 600 miles. Not many sportbike riders will go even 150 miles..

Joe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X