Ordered new Tire Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered new Tire Today

Ordered a new front tire this evening.
    I went with one of the new Dunlop touring. Odd thing though, I only had to replace the front one. The back one is fine.
    The service guy was impressed that the tires looked as good as they did with 9k miles on them. He said I most likely could get another 2 or 3k out of the rear if it wears the same as it has been.

sweet man.. when you get it, let us know how it rides!
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Kats are low-bang-powered compared to most bikes on the market... Each 149cc cylinder (in the 600) running at a measly 11.3:1 don't really put out the amount of "kick-per-bang" that causes other bikes to eat rear tires so fast; for the 750 it's 187.5 cc's firing at a paltry 10.5:1. The lower the torque-per-bang, the more likely the rear tire is to survive to a ripe old age (if you could build a 6 cylinder 250cc bike, the tires would last an incredibly long time). The same thing also affects chain longevity (given identical chain care/lubing).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Im ordering my new one next week, need new rear tire...I can't complain on how well the Pilot Powers have held up for me, I'll never use anything else. Americanmototire.com always has great deals.

Comment

yeah keep s posted on how you like the tire.

Comment

Working...
          X