How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trinc
    replied
    i try to learn from the people in front of me & help the people behind me.
    those who are concerned about their position in the group are those whom you should stay away from.

tim

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    A well skilled rider on a kat 750 vs. a newb on SS 600.. the newb will get schooled everytime. Its about the riders' skill more (depending on the style of riding) as it is about the bike itself.

Another FYI, it takes more ball$ to ride at your own pace and have fun w/ the group for just being able to get out and ride, then it does to try and keep up and possibly get in over your head.

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    Right , modern SS bikes put out over 100 hp , and weigh well over 100lbs. less than a Kat 750 , so ...

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    "forget about it"

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    here is some interesting facts. The 1/4 mile time difference between the GSX-R 600 and 750 is only 3 tenths of a second. And the top speed difference is about 7 miles per hour. so NO the kat 750 will not really stand up to a SS 600 in any way. The kat is not meant to. Plus the GSX-R 600 is over 100lbs lighter than the kat.

Leave a comment:

• Range
    replied
    the 750 will run with it...as long as you can ride very well....it won't OUT-run it, but thats not the point....ride at YOUR pace....by trying to keep up with a capeable rider on a 600 SS can cause a world of hurt.

Leave a comment:

• stevnmd
    replied
    All it needs to beat a 600cc race replica is a rider capable of beating the rider of the 600.

Forget straight line, requires zero skill, whacking open the throttle performance. A modern 600cc supersport will beat a Kat 750 unless you're running NOS.

Leave a comment:

• How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Went riding last week with a bunch of bikes and we were all gettin on our bikes here and there but does a 750 kat have enough balls to even hang with the 600cc sportbikes? If not what would the bike need to keep up or to beat it?
Working...
X