X

How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Went riding last week with a bunch of bikes and we were all gettin on our bikes here and there but does a 750 kat have enough balls to even hang with the 600cc sportbikes? If not what would the bike need to keep up or to beat it?

• md86
    replied
    Yeah , I figured MY origional post would be the end of it , too ! Okay , we're done . Nothing to see here . Move along , folks .

Leave a comment:

• KatanaO215
    replied
    Originally posted by md86
    I believe the end of this coversation should go something like this ....
    Same rider or riders with similar skill levels , and the 600ss will walk away from the Katana any day in whatever type of race (excluding long-range comfort sorta thing) .
    yeah thats pretty much what I said.

I love when people bring the rider equation into the situation. Obviously a great rider on a lesser bike will probably beat a bad rider on a better bike. that is a given. But whenever someone tries to compare another bike to a katana that is the first thing everyone points to. The questions arent about the rider its about the difference in bikes

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    I believe the end of this coversation should go something like this ....
    Same rider or riders with similar skill levels , and the 600ss will walk away from the Katana any day in whatever type of race (excluding long-range comfort sorta thing) .

Leave a comment:

• stevnmd
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetLou
    The Katana is not ment to hang with them in the straights. It is ment to be more comfy and cruisable. Now, in the twisities is a different story. It can hang and eat them there!
    While the Kat is compentent at sane corner speeds, it is hardly eats up the twisties and spits them out. Sorry... I just don't want to give someone false confidence. If there's a competent rider on a 600 race replica bike he will simply eat the Kat rider alive in the tight stuff. It takes a lot of work to ride a Katana fast in the corners. Don't mislead anyone by saying it doesn't.

The Katana is a fine bike for what it is. It's a fairly comfortable, budget priced, easy to work on and maintain, tame, entry level sport / sport touring bike.

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    The Katana is not ment to hang with them in the straights. It is ment to be more comfy and cruisable. Now, in the twisities is a different story. It can hang and eat them there!

Leave a comment:

• duff daddy
    replied
    my old kat motor ran a 12.4 with a bad light and a 2.+ 60ft ttim, the slip is in my album, be aware that new slips will be up this year and new mods to the motor

Leave a comment:

• meanstrk
    replied
    Rider, Rider, Rider. Last summer I schooled a friend of mine with my Katana and blew by him on the inside of a right hand sweeper. I was dragging knee but he was not anywhere near as experienced. He was on a R1. I have done the same thing MANY times to idiots that see the Katana and just shake their heads.

It's all about experience my friends!

Leave a comment:

• BISQ
    replied
    Any squid can go straight.

Corners separate the men from the boys.

IMHO, if you are a really good rider, you will school EVERY 600ss in the prolonged twisties. However, as has been said before, a good rider on a 600ss (hell, a very skilled rider on a 125 single) will crush you in the twisties.

Leave a comment:

• BigCorySBFMC707
    replied
    well I have a jetted 750 with a larger sprocket and full yoshi exhaust and my boys with 600s ,gixxers or f4is in my club dust me all the time. The initial burst is not even close. And I have been riding for almost 20 years, so it aint about the rider if you are talking straightaways. On twisties, of course it is all about the rider. But any squid can go straight

Leave a comment:

• Range
    replied
    funny thing...I could beat most 600 SS bikes with my 750 Kat...off the line, because I could just hammer it and it would blow down the road...if they did the same, they would loop it. they would just be passing me around the 1/4 mile mark.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    Originally posted by KatanaO215
    while I agree N4S, if the riders are even close to the same skill level you arent gonna take a guy on a 600SS
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• paperairplane
    replied
    first 60' will determine that one... a perfect katana run vs a weak 6R run it could happen

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    How long have you riden? How many track days have you had? Have you ever launched a bike of the tree of a drag strip?

Leave a comment:

• katana_j
    replied
    How about a drag race between a 02 kawasaki Zx-6r that's all stock and a 95 katana 750 with a Vance and Hines supersport exaust,Jetted carbs,+1 sprocket on the rear,-1 sprocket on the front,And a K&N air filter? Just wondering

Leave a comment:

Working...
X