No announcement yet.
X

Dropping the bike next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless the amount you lower the front of the bike is identical, than your seating position will change. Because the forks are slightly angled, you really aren't lowering it 1.5" (unless you took your measurment from the ground, but most people seem to take their measurements from the top of the fork tubes to the top of the clamps.)

So with an approximate drop of 1.25" (estimate) in the front and a drop of 2" in the rear, you have angled the riding position ever so slightly. You will be in a more upright position.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I thought about lowering the bike when I was going to let my wife take it over. Does an inch and a half really make that much of a difference as far as peg scraping? How far can you lean a lowered bike before you hit a peg?
      She decided to stick with the cruiser for now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
        Lowering the bike doesn't change rider position at all. It only make the bike sit lower in the ground.

Look at my Signurture and Avatar that is my bike lower Front 1 1/2" and Rear 2" and to me in the bike it still look high enough. But when you sit on it. Its a big different in feel its so comfortable like a cruiser.
        Not talkin about my position. I mean the amount of space I have to extend my leg without dragging my boot on the road.
        sigpic"No good decision was ever made from a swivel chair." General George S. Patton

U.S. ARMY

Comment

Originally posted by Alley_Kat View Post
          I thought about lowering the bike when I was going to let my wife take it over. Does an inch and a half really make that much of a difference as far as peg scraping? How far can you lean a lowered bike before you hit a peg?
          She decided to stick with the cruiser for now though.
          My bodywork drags right before the peg feeler. Not a big deal tho. just a lil rash on the lower fairing. took a long time to even burn through the black paint to get to the primer. And if you actually lower it that much it will make a diffrence. but unless she is pushing it hard its not ever going to be a problem. I only got 2 3/4" ground clearance on mine front and back. so you would be fine.

Cut the kickstand a hair shorter than you want. then reweld the foot back on. then paint. thats the cheepest way. otherwise you got to buy a adj kickstand. and them arnt worth 100+ to me.
          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

ok, gotta go with Gytr here, drop the bike on purpose? just HAD to read on,,,,then the gem of gems, (paraphrased) my legs are too short to reach the ground. being litteral sure does have it's advantages when one is easily amused
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by Alley_Kat View Post
              I was going to let my wife take it over. Does an inch and a half really make that much of a difference
              Wow... Taking things out of context is SO much fun!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

so.. it's been a week. Did you lower it yet?
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by stratocastor80 View Post
                    lol, Looking at the title, I thought for a second that you were planning on dropping (over) your bike... .
                    I thought the same thing 2....I was thinking maybe he is gonna drop it just to go ahead and get it over with since it's bound to happen sooner or later lol

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post

AHHHH HAHAHAHAHA

and 1" 1/2 is the difference between greatness and nothing lol
                    Last edited by whitecl0ver; 04-09-2008, 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

no didn't drop it yet. my buddy got busy and was not able to get to my house with his tools. i might try again for this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X