X

Recommended Cleaning tech.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Cleaning tech.

Just wondering what everyone is using as far as polish, or some type of bike cleaner to give it a nice shine, what has everyone find to work best??, and what should i avoid ??
    Thanks, Chris
    New Ride

Sold Kat

honda polish, end of story

Comment

Car wash soap and water, and whatever wax you like. Hit it with a clay bar if you want, I use Mequiras.
      Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
      '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
      '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
      '11 Kawasaki KLR650
      I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Full wax, mequires. Weekly touch up, Pledge. Trust me on this one, it's great!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Mother's Gold for washing the bike when it's really dirty. I use their wax and polish chrome as well.

If I'm doing a simple clean up, I use Honda cleaner or Plexus....which ever I have handy
          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

You guys clean your bikes?!

...crap, I knew I missed something.
            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Comment

A little bit of spray nine, bucket of soapy water (car wash soap) and my little weed sprayer to rinse.
                My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                  A little bit of spray nine, bucket of soapy water (car wash soap) and my little weed sprayer to rinse.
                  got to love that spray nine

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert View Post
                    I concur
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert View Post

Comment

still putting it back together, wish I would be at the point where I can think about polishing it.
                        My PO did a horse job in cleaning the bike, the cylinder is all dirty.

What would be a good way to clean all the crap out of this one?
                        Can I use a pressure washer at some point or should I stay with the bucket and sponge...? It seems like to get the sand and oil mix out of the rips will be a lengthy process...

Any suggestions welcome, I do enjoy thinking about how clean it will look when the warmth invades the north...
                        --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

Comment

check out this cleaning job I did this past summer. This proves even a nasty bike, after lots of elbow grease can turn out nice.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                          Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                          '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                          '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                          '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                          I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Meguiar's Gold. 'nuff said.

If you REALLY want a deep cleaning, try a clay bar. Make sure you read up on it before using it, because if you don't use it right you're only going to make things worse.

Comment

Honda Spray Cleaner and about 8 Scott Shop Towels works for me everytime.
                              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                              2005 F4i -

Comment

Working...
                              X