No announcement yet.
X

Recommended Cleaning tech.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use what ever I have under the sink - and liquor cabinet. Dawn works good for greasy stuff, windex and old newspaper for the chrome. Maybe some bore paste from my shooting bag for the chrome if it needs it. I do like using Armor All but have heard that it might weaken some plastics?
    Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
    G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

I have never heard of ARMOR ALL harming plastics but I know that it will dry out vinyl. Atleast, that is what the guy told me at the car dealership when my wife's dash began to crack in her cage.
      American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

For the quickies, I use the Motul Wash and Wax.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I got the Polish from the suzuki store. works for me
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKat View Post
            I just use what ever I have under the sink - and liquor cabinet. Dawn works good for greasy stuff, windex and old newspaper for the chrome. Maybe some bore paste from my shooting bag for the chrome if it needs it. I do like using Armor All but have heard that it might weaken some plastics?
            Just don't try using it on your seat. (don't shine the tires with anything either... that's asking for trouble)

I misunderstood the question... I don't polish. I use the spray nine to loosen the tough crap and the bucket and sponge to wipe it away. I usually dry it too, but I've never tried to shine up the paint or anything...
            My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X