Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Powder Coating...I think I've got it now :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder Coating...I think I've got it now :)

Ok, so, I did my valve adjustment today (will post my experience with that later). While I had the signal generator cover off, I decided to powder coat it (I need a new one, so messing up did not matter).

Here is before, and after:

(see the reason I wanted a new one?)

And now:

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Nice!
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

shiny!
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That looks great! What's the cost to do something like that yourself?

2002 Katana 600
        1999 Ford F150

Comment

How much would you charge to powdercoat stuff? I have intercooler piping and valve cover for my car that I'm wanting coated.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M View Post
            That looks great! What's the cost to do something like that yourself?
            Well, once you have the equipment (pc gun and an oven..im currently using a $18 toaster oven from walmart), the powder is relatively cheap.

Originally posted by FMFGSX View Post
            How much would you charge to powdercoat stuff? I have intercooler piping and valve cover for my car that I'm wanting coated.
            Not sure, dont know how big that intercooler piping is. The cost depends on size, and color (some powders are more expensive).

Lets just say black..for the valve cover (im thinking Chevy 350 sized valve cover), probably about $20 (not including shipping).

[edit: I cant do anything that large until I get a bigger oven. With how slow work is, it may be a 6-10 weeks ]

Comment

nice work, might have to teach us a few of those tricks
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Marc looks fantastic, great job. Glad to see you are getting the hang of it.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

looks great

which PC Gun are you using?
                  Sorry, I have balls.

Comment

Sweeeeet
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Marc, that looks awesome -- but I'd like to see that after several months of riding to see how the powercoat handles the heat in general...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        Marc, that looks awesome -- but I'd like to see that after several months of riding to see how the powercoat handles the heat in general...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet

Yeah, thats what I'm going to do with it...put it back on, and ride with it. The powder coat is made for it, but I will not know for sure until I see it for myself.
                        Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM. Reason: major typo demons struck! darn things!

Comment

Craftsman (sears) sell all of the powdercoating equipment you'd need minus the oven. They have the powder gun for 149 usd and the powder for 5.99.

Oh and by the way the black looks awesome. Nothing beats the color black for an engine's covers.
                          Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

nice work
                            02 Suzuki Katana 750
                            05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

nice, nice very nice. I might have to send some parts your way, granted once you get your bigger oven, and even more if you desire the work. I'd rather have my money go toward a fellow kr member than some idiots that are local (if i can even find one).

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                              X