Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Two quick questions...hopefully someone can answer quickly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two quick questions...hopefully someone can answer quickly?

Rebuilding a custom 99 Kat 750 and wanted to know:

1) Is an exhaust manifold from a 98+ 600 compatible with the 750?

2) Fuel tanks from a 600 the same as the 750 from a 98+ Kat? What about the pre98 tanks?

The only reason I'm asking is my buddy is wanting to bid on ebay and wants to know before he bids...and what a better place to ask but here!! Thanks guys for your help.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

1. Yes, but it may be restricted a bit. Most guys with 600's try to grab a 750 header for better airflow.

2. All post tanks are the same...not sure on the pre's, but I don't think so...

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ditto. Jax if you grab the 600 header no problems, just dremel it for better flow.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thanks guys just shot off an email to my buddy!! Thanks again.
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Anytime!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
            1) Is an exhaust manifold from a 98+ 600 compatible with the 750?
            98+ downtubes are about 22% larger cross-sectionally on the 750 header down-pipe, but the same at the engine connector and at the midpipe. If you slap a 600 header on a 750, it'll put out more low-end torque, but won't have as much power up top because of the change.

Originally posted by Jax View Post
            2) Fuel tanks from a 600 the same as the 750 from a 98+ Kat? What about the pre98 tanks?
            98+ tanks come in two varieties, irrelevant of engine size - California model and 49-state model. The Cali model has an indent in the front underside to make space for the PAIR valve (pollution control sys) and an extra vapor-recovery line nipple sticking out of the bottom. 49-state version doesn't have these, and holds a bit more fuel.
            Neither is identical to the pre-98 from what I understand, and the fitment would be off some...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Last edited by The CyberPoet; 12-27-2007, 02:17 PM.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X