No announcement yet.
X

Decisions, Decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not sure if you could get 2200 on a trade in. I only got 2300 for my Kat600 (1999) with 13k miles on it, and I had a ton of mods on mine.

Private sale would be a much better route
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      I think a Corbin would probably go a long way to helping (get you further back on the seat). Yes, the 98+ are a bit bigger (I'm sure you should be able to find someone around here to let you sit/ride on theirs for a little while), but I'm not sure that the differences would be enough to make you comfy... I'm also thinking that it appears your brake lever may be too high in rotation (compared to where your arms and wrists are) to be comfortable.

I think someone has (had?) a pre-98 Corbin for sale in the for sale section...

Q: is your bike stock? It may just be your height, but it looks a little lowered to me...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      There was a corbin seat, but I believe it was for a 750. My bike is stock, hasnt been lowered, perhaps the suspension needs a rebuild, or it looks lower bc the picture was cropped and resized.

Is there a way the rear sets can be adjusted? perhaps ill lower my brake pedal a little bit too, anything will help!

Thanks for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750

If you do decide to sell it in the near future, I may know of someone who can take it off your hands.... besides Keith
        I'm really considering it, You live in Pa too right?

Ill most likely make a decision by saturday or sunday...Ill be sure to let you know, along with a list of things done to it, replaced, etc.
        Im afraid ill sell it, and then ill end up with no bike bc i couldnt find any in my price range (2500$)

Thanks

Comment

from the picture posted your brake lever & probably the clutch too is way to high - rotate those down.

shorten the dog bones to get the seat height a bit higher. if you go aftermarket i'd add more padding to help the height issue.

you could lower the footpegs but i'd really look at the ground clearance issue ( while leaned over ) .

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
            Is there a way the rear sets can be adjusted? perhaps ill lower my brake pedal a little bit too, anything will help!
            If you search, you should be able to find rear-sets for the bike on the web. The stock ones don't get adjusted normally (you can adjust the position of the shifter and of the brake lever, but not the foot-peg position). A replacement set of rear-sets will have different hardware and many types permit a range of adjustment on the peg position.

I agree about getting a shorter dogbone and thus raising the bike... And definitely adjusting those controls to suit your position, as well as a longer seat to move you further back.

Good Luck!
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok, ill consider moving the levers down more...i actually have an extra set of dogbones...but i dont think i can cut them, because they are not straight like the 98 +. they have a slight curve in them, but is it worth a shot of trying?

maybe 3/8 cut?

Comment

ok, ill consider moving the levers down more...i actually have an extra set of dogbones...but i dont think i can cut them, because they are not straight like the 98 +. they have a slight curve in them, but is it worth a shot of trying?

maybe 3/8 cut?
                If they are not cast metal, then, yes, you can cut & weld them. Or shop around for someone making replacements from steel. Just keep the same general curvature. Once you get the ones on there off, you should be able to figure out how much to remove to get them approximately where you want them by moving the swingarm and eyeballing it...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

maybe 3/8 cut?
                  what are your trouble spots ? back - legs - arms - wrists ?

tim

Comment

gel seat? gel grips? maybe those would help.
                    -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

my main trouble spot is my anus...it gets really sore.

lol

i think i could do without the grips, but i bet the seat would go along wayyy

Comment

my main trouble spot is my anus...it gets really sore.
                        If you're serious, get the corbin seat (or the competing Sergeant or TourMaster offerings). The seating area is substancially wider and supports both more of your arse as well as your upper thighs (as verses to having the stock seat wedgie up your bungholio!).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

corbin does give you a nice flat seat - but you can also go gel. any local auto upholstery shop can recut new foam and install a gel pad.
                          there are a number of people on the web that can refoam it.

i would suggest someone that has motorcycle experience.

tim

Comment

hmmm i like the idea of getting it done by someone, im sure it would be cheaper than 200+$

hahaha cyber said bungholio

Comment

Working...
                            X