Suzuki Stratosphere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Stratosphere

This may be a repost, but has anyone seen the suzuki stratosphere

Six cylinder motorcycles have been few and far between in the history of powered two-wheelers – Benelli’s Sei, Honda’s CBX and Goldwing, Kawasaki’s Z1300 and now Suzuki’s Stratosphere. The Suzuki Stratosphere is only a concept bike at this stage but vapourware is not in Suzuki’s vocabulary and the company has a strong track record for turning its concepts into reality.

The raw figures are 1100cc, 24 valves, 180 horses and a motor reportedly turbine-like smooth. The motor is an engineering masterpiece akin to the miniaturized sophistication of a Swiss watch and the aluminium fairing, electrically-adjustable windscreen, LED headlights, adjustable handlebars, built-in GPS navigation just add to the high-tech cred. We’re not so sure about the orange seat, but love the "Katanesque" profile.

just thought that was cool and wanted to share!

Kinda looks like a futuristic bandit, with 2 extra cylinders.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

It looks like an old school Katana

Comment

Damn! Striking resemblance.....
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

yeah that bike has been around for over a year maybe two now. speculation was that the 6 cylinder would be in the new hayabusa, but the past years has proven that as a myth. cyber speculated that they must plan on using the engine because they have tested the bike as if it was going to production. they also had a minisite dedicated to it. slick gadgets on it, and a 6 cylinder would be great.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

They built it as a working proto three years back, and even posted vid of it running on a test-track. That means they gave it massive consideration for something, and the only question is "for what"?
            If we're lucky, it'll still pop up as a production bike at some point in the future, but I'm no longer holding my breath on this one (remember that it took Suzuki 7-8 years to go from their BKing prototype to the '08 BKing to try check all the same boxes).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well I like the girls dancing in the back ground!!!!

Comment

I'd buy one.

Also reminds me of the old school Kats.

There's girls dancing in the background?!
                I must be getting old, I had to go back & look
                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

nice
                  "I wanna go fast"

Comment

old school kat with 180bhp....... im down

Comment

I hate that seat with a passion. it should be black or gray...or both. If I ever was able to purchase one of those, I would negotiate a spare seat in the deal and have it re-covered.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

well duh its bright orange

Comment

I'll take one in black - cause they're the fastest!
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Bing

Comment

Originally posted by KickItJP View Post
                              It looks like an old school Katana

I was thinking the same thing
                              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X