X

My upgrades made quite difference!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My upgrades made quite difference!

I had a good drive today, 370 km and averaged 55.7 mpg@ 70-80 mph. I've done some mods to my 2006 750 and it is now a much better performer. Thx to the members here who helped and Cyberpoet for his excellent tips and tricks. Here's the mods I've done:

1) Corbin Seat
    2) Ground out excess Header material
    3) Ivans' Jet Kit
    4) 5 degree advanced Timing(Poor Mans)
    5) 14 tooth front cog

1/4 mile time before 12.65@107mph

1/4 mile time after 12.40@109mph

show some pics

Comment

Glad to hear that you found my words to be golden

When you need maint items, seek me out!

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Glad to hear that you found my words to be golden

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          I believe the word he used was excellent. which in that case you can get away with saying something like "glad you found my words helpful or informative"

Golden? isn't that reserved for something really really special, like being married for 50 years?

who's horn is that, and who's tootin' it?
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KickItJP
              Troublemaker...

Comment

Weight Loser!

Comment

Re: My upgrades made quite difference!

[quote="wirefox"]I had a good drive today, ...averaged 55.7 mpg@ 70-80 mph. I've done some mods to my 2006 750...
                  1) Corbin Seat...

Yeah, nothin' like a Corbin Seat to improve your fuel economy!
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                    Actually, because it lowers the rider down some, which can translate into less air resistsance and better corner speeds, it can make a bit of an improvement in fuel mileage. :P

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Originally posted by StevieB
                      Actually, because it lowers the rider down some, which can translate into less air resistsance and better corner speeds, it can make a bit of an improvement in fuel mileage. :P

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      yup...this is true. and it will only take 67,843 miles for the savings to pay for the seat.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You know, the simplest mods really wake up the Kat. When I first got mine, it seemed really anemic (I'd just bought m ZX-14 a couple of weeks before, so it's easy to imagine why). However, after adding only a D+D full exhaust, it really woke up. -For a Kat anyway.

BTW: for those of you who believe a D+D is loud, you've never heard a ZX-14 on dual Tsukigis, have you?
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                          ...after adding only a D+D full exhaust, it really woke up...
                          Not to mention the entire neighborhood!
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                            You know, the simplest mods really wake up the Kat. When I first got mine, it seemed really anemic (I'd just bought m ZX-14 a couple of weeks before, so it's easy to imagine why). However, after adding only a D+D full exhaust, it really woke up. -For a Kat anyway.

BTW: for those of you who believe a D+D is loud, you've never heard a ZX-14 on dual Tsukigis, have you?
                            Or a Frankenkat with dual Carbon Can race-cans.

Comment

i had the d&d on my kat 600. about 2 weeks after i got the pipe i was like "i am getting this repack crap out of the way" and put steel wool in it. 10k + miles, and it still sounds the same as the fiberglass did once it got broken in.

Comment

Working...
                              X