X

Road trip coming up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip coming up.

I am planning on doing a nice little road trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway next week. I some use or lose leave at work, so I decided I would use it. Planning on doing the Parkway from end to end at no particular pace, just out riding and having a good time.

Which leads me to my main question, what are the DO NOT MISSes along the way?

As a side question, what am I going to forget to take with me that I am going to get halfway through my trip and realize, I probably should have brought?
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Might want to read through this (or re-read it if it's been a while):
    CyberPoet's Tips for the Road

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Blue Ridge Side Trip

Near the south end of the Blue Ridge you'll also find the Cherohala Skyway. It's a gorgeous drive while you're in the neighborhood!

When I was in the area, locals all told me they actually preffer the CS over the BRP, especially in times of high traffic.

Just a thought!

8)

Cherohala Skyway State: North Carolina, Tennessee Length: 42.95 miles / 68.7 km Time to Allow: Allow 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive this Byway. The Cherohala Skyway takes up just 43 miles but visits both North Carolina and Tennessee. Celebrate the cultural heritage of the Cherokee tribe along

Check it out!!!

Comment

bring a camera !!!
        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Actually, good excuse to invest in a Canon SD1000 or SD750 -- which can be set to time-lapse mode and take a shot every second or every other second for a couple hours at a pop.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks all for the tips. CP, it was definitely worth the re-read. roosed, I will check out the Skyway too, thanks for the pointer.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Blog it on KR with pics too!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

MA?

KatSoldier, is that New Bedford, MA by chance???

Over the past couple years I've spent quite a bit of time between New Bedford & Raynham doing engineering work for DePuy/ J&J.

Pretty area, in the summertime at least!

Comment

ditto on the Cherohala, I ride it at least once a week, its a great stretch of rode
                  25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Im going up to gatlinburg 2 weeks from today and I am making a special trip to the skyway. Since no kids are going I am planning on getting alot of riding in.

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm back, and I will post a full ride report before too long. The one thing I am sure of is that next time I will not leave home without a Corbin. By the time I got home, I could not ride more than two hours without getting off. I have lots of pics too.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Road Trip???

TheTable...where's that ride report???

Waiting for the saddle sores to subside?!?!?

We're waiting with baited breath dude!!!
                        8)

Comment

Yea, dying to see some snazzy pics too!!
                          GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Working...
                          X