X

Face shields under the seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face shields under the seat

Is there enough room to put another shield under a 600 Kat seat?
    Shield is for an Icon helmet.
    Cheers

Unless someone knows something I don't, I would say NO. I bought a tailbag to hold mine.
    Sold: 2001 Katana 600
    Bought: 2007 Kawasaki Z1000

Still waiting for my Braada Cowl... 62 weeks and counting... I'm told it will be worth the wait...

Comment

I don't have a face down there anyway...

Comment

I doubt it, but on the 98+, you might be able to put it outside the frame rails, between them and the rear fairings.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          I doubt it, but on the 98+, you might be able to put it outside the frame rails, between them and the rear fairings.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Yup, there is actually a lot of room there. I keep my jacket liner on one side and a motorcycle cover on the other. I never tried putting a shield in there though.
          Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            yep I keep my clear shield wraped in 1/4 packaging foam in my halmet bag on the right side
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks, checked out that space on the sides and there is a lot. Gonna work up a sock and velcro jobby.

Comment

yes i've done it. two ways it fits easy
                -Chris V.

Comment

Thanks for making me check down inside my rear fairings, I found my long lost tire guage and my bottle of locktite that I couldn't for the life of me figure out where they went
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Uhh... if I put something outside the frame rails in my rear fairing, it falls to the ground. Am I not understanding or do I have something missing?
                    Sold: 2001 Katana 600
                    Bought: 2007 Kawasaki Z1000

Still waiting for my Braada Cowl... 62 weeks and counting... I'm told it will be worth the wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep
                      Uhh... if I put something outside the frame rails in my rear fairing, it falls to the ground. Am I not understanding or do I have something missing?
                      It's all about how you put it in there, and what you use to secure it. I've often shoved plastic trash bags in there to toss over my seat in case of rain (leather Corbin saddle), and they've never fallen out. Since a visor (once used) is normally curved, it ought to want to stay simply by the pressure of the plastic being curved... But for smaller stuff, like a visor, you'd be wise get a visor cover (think slip-bag) and some velcro and velcro the cover to the rails, then attach/detach the visor cover when you need to get at it. If you need a good visor cover made for the task, send an email to raffaele (I can't remember his KR handle); I bought some of his to test and they were quite suitable. PM me for his email address if desired (I don't want to post it for every spider to index).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What about the visor sling bag that goes inside your jacket ? Now where did I see the article about those ......
                        Yeah , something like these ... http://www.helmetshop.com/itemdesc.a...2D1002&eq=&Tp=
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's me...I have the covers...unfortunately I need to see if I can find my inventory...I can send you pics of what they look like...
                          I got your email Marc..for some reason it went to my junk folder and I haven't checked it for a while..
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                          X