No announcement yet.
X

Who would win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ninja 650R will take it in the first few hundred feet, as it's geared lower and has more torque from a lower RPM pushing less total weight. If the rider knows what he's doing, he'll hold that lead for quite a while. As the speeds start hitting triple-digits, the Kat will come into's it's prime and the 650R will be running out of steam; the Kat will come past the 650 around 105-120, and then leave the Ninja 650R behind.

In a curvy section, it'll be down strictly to a combination of who is the better rider and who is more comfortable on their bike. The 650R is narrower, lighter, carries it's weight lower, and has the torque curve to be a better curvy-road blaster, but someone who just got their ride often doesn't have the skill-set to exploit that advantage.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Who'd win? Me.
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
        Originally posted by redpiranha
        Can you honestly tell me you've never done anything Illegal or risky on your bike! Yes a track would be better, but if you are smart about it I don't see a problem opening it up once in a while.
        Sure, I admit to it. I have broken the speed limit (by lots), but im not going to recommend it, especially to a new rider.
        True, I'll admit to it as well. I've never drag raced.. But most of us have either had a close call or actually had a collision that changed our thinking..I did.. I'm sure I'm not the only one. We tend to save our racing for track days and not the street.
        The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

My answer to anyone that wants to race me is "Sure, as long as I get to pick the road..."
          Two goldfish were in their tank.
          One turns to the other and says,
          "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Here's another one to debate...who would win-stock 06 Kat 750 or 04 Kat 600 with K&N, jet kit, and slip-on?
            Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

I have both but later years, 06 Katana 750 and 06 Ninja 650R...The Katana will smoke the 650R in a straight line. Now out on the track, I dunno, but with a good rider that lil 650R I heard will smoke a liter bike. I was out at the races last month and there was this yellow SV650 and it was hilarious watching that guy ride and pull his way around liter bikes and 600's... Of course the liter bikes and 600ss bikes would pull him on the straights but he was drifting between 2nd and 4th place. The announcer was making fun but not putting down anyone...I admired that rider and bike, coool...
              "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by cereal_killer
                Here's another one to debate...who would win-stock 06 Kat 750 or 04 Kat 600 with K&N, jet kit, and slip-on?
                Unless the 750 is in bad shape, the 750 would win. 12 lbs of weight difference but an 18% torque advantage and typicall a 10-15 HP advantage at the rear wheel.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by cereal_killer
                  Unless the 750 is in bad shape, the 750 would win. 12 lbs of weight difference but an 18% torque advantage and typicall a 10-15 HP advantage at the rear wheel.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  She's (the 750) in perfect shape, only 1800 miles, valves adjusted, oil spotless, and of course, she's red with dragon graphics....which makes it faster than ANY black katana
                  Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

in the end, it doesn't matter, either could win. Magazine racing is pointless, if you want to find out who's faster, take them to your friendly neighborhood dragstrip and you'll see.

A 750 Kat can smoke a 'Busa given the right circumstances.

and since you're from WI and we're talking drag racing, I gotta throw this out there. Some pure, unadulterated Kenosha muscle: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6
                    Two goldfish were in their tank.
                    One turns to the other and says,
                    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Who really cares who wins. No one buys a Kat to be a race bike. Enjoy the ride instead of tearing them up!
                      2006 Katana 750+

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                        Originally posted by alze
                        straight line, i guess the ninja - but any monkey can open a throttle.
                        Im guessing the kat if you can ride it even in streight line. But as for any monkey can open the throttle I have to LMAO. Id loan you my bike and race you on a gix 6 and spank your butt im guessing. It takes a lot of throttle controll to dragrace just like hitting curves. It is just a diffrent kind of throttle controll. I wouldnt drag race from a roll on tho. then he surely has you. cus he has less weight.
                        sorry, but I don't see all that much throttle control in dragging. if anything, all you need to know is when you hit your peak powerband, and know to shift at the point where your torque curve actually starts to drop. if this point is below redline, then hitting redline before shifting can actually cost you seconds on a 1/4 mile. so really, your advantage comes more from knowing your machine....peak hp/torque point on the tach. you know....gearing and all that stuff to recognize optimum shift points. as far as throttle control.....open/close fast for first and second....leave the throttle open for 3rd and up.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                          Originally posted by alze
                          straight line, i guess the ninja - but any monkey can open a throttle.
                          Im guessing the kat if you can ride it even in streight line. But as for any monkey can open the throttle I have to LMAO. Id loan you my bike and race you on a gix 6 and spank your butt im guessing. It takes a lot of throttle controll to dragrace just like hitting curves. It is just a diffrent kind of throttle controll. I wouldnt drag race from a roll on tho. then he surely has you. cus he has less weight.
                          sorry, but I don't see all that much throttle control in dragging. if anything, all you need to know is when you hit your peak powerband, and know to shift at the point where your torque curve actually starts to drop. if this point is below redline, then hitting redline before shifting can actually cost you seconds on a 1/4 mile. so really, your advantage comes more from knowing your machine....peak hp/torque point on the tach. you know....gearing and all that stuff to recognize optimum shift points. as far as throttle control.....open/close fast for first and second....leave the throttle open for 3rd and up.
                          Guess I should have sed throttle and clutch controll. and Id hate to differ but I guarantee you cant come within half a second of me on a simeler bike as me on mine in 1/8th unless you really know what you are doing. Once out of the whole and moving ill agree with you. But being able to take off from a dig and give it all the bike has is skill man. time and practice.
                          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Me when I get a neat new Ninja 650 on the cheap at the salvage yard!!!
                            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                            -Robert Morrison

"
                            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Working...
                            X