X

storage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storage

I hope this isn't a stupid question but why doesn't my Kat have any under the seat storage? My friend's Kawasaki has the passenger seat come off and can hold things like tools, beverage, whatever. Would it be possible for me to fix some kind of storage thing under the front seat on mine?

The under storage is under the passenger seat but it's only enough room for registration, disk lock and reminder cable (at least thats whats under mine)...Under the front seat itself right by the battery there is a little storage but my tool kit is there..
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

You bought the wrong year bike!

Seriously though, the pre-98's have far less storage under the seat than the 98+ Kats.
      You can fit some stuff in the bin behind the battery, and a bit more into the space above the stock toolkit by the tail light, but that's about it.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So, its ok if I put stuff under the seat behind the battery? But what do you mean "space above the stock toolkit by the tail light.?"

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71
          So, its ok if I put stuff under the seat behind the battery? But what do you mean "space above the stock toolkit by the tail light.?"
          PRE-98 Rear Fender Fiche File

On top of item #10

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hell , the pre 600 has the extra little spot , the 750 don't .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Even the 98+ aint special. If i put a hat in there, it fills it up and the storage bin is just small enough so that you can't put an average size (16-20 oz) water bottle in there. Thats what backpacks are for though.
              Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Huh , I ride with a couple guys who keep a bottle of water under the seats of their 98+'s . Something must be wrong with yours .

Comment

Strange, my Kat has storage for tool kit, disc lock, cargo net, box(12pr) of earplugs & registration folder.

I have not tried to put a bottle of water under there, figure I would stop & buy one if I was thirsty.
                  I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

On MY bike I have room for about 4-6 sparkplugs , a leatherman , a little baggie of extra bolts , and that's REALLY pushing it . Basically , there's enough room for a sandwich . MAYBE a doubledecker if you smash it down some .

Comment

heck I tryed to fit a long sleeve shirt and for the life of me it would not fit. I agree no room at all......... 94 750

Comment

tank bag?

Comment

that's why I started using a backpack , and then graduated to saddlebags . Now I got a trunk to go with it !

Comment

Working...
                          X