No announcement yet.
X

Injured motorcyclists shouldnt receive medical treatment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH where to begin. This has been and always will be a hot topic in any circle, not just with riders. I ride both ways, with and without a helmet. I am sure that the helmet only riders are going to have plenty to say about the fact that I ride without my helmet, and that is ok, I make the choice to ride without my helmet and I can handle anything that is said about my decision.

Cagers who dont wear a seatbelt risk losing control of their vehicles and possibly inuring someone else as a result. If I drop my bike, helmet or not, I am no longer controlling that bike or where it goes. The fact that I have a helmet on or not is not going to change that.

Helmet choices are abundant. Which helmet is the safest? It seems that the ones that provide the most protection for the rider also restrict the vision the most, possibly causing an accident. The helmets that provide the most vision provide the least protection. Then of course you have the old 70's style open face helmets that have full head protection and open face design that I havent seen anyone wearing since about sometime in the 70's. Which is the best helmet to wear? Who is to really say?

I am an organ donor, I have been since I got my license. That doesn't mean that I don't want the extraordinary steps taken to save my life in the event of an accident. I dont think it matters if I am in the hospital for dropping my bike, or a car accident, or from falling off a chair changing a light bulb, I want the doctors fighting for my life as feverently as they possibly can regardless of how I ended up on the table in front of them.

This debate will be raging on long after my organs have been harvested and placed in their receipients bodies. No lawmakers, journalists, activists, or organizations can change that. I have no illusion that any post I make is going to change anyone's mind about there personal choice to wear one or not.

I have seen a lot of people saying that helmets save lives. I am not so sure that it is a helmet only that does this. I think it takes more than just a helmet. How many times have we all seen someone riding with a helmet and no shirt, shorts and sandals? No helmet is going to help that guy.

In the event that a rider dumps a bike, how much protection does a helmet actually provide at 65+ mph? Internal injuries resulting from a hard crash are just as likely to cause death as head injuries. In the end I suppose a full face helmet will make you a little prettier for the funeral.

I will continue to ride with and without my helmet. No reply to this post will change my mind on that. I know I am about to get slammed for the comments I have made on the matter as everyone feels strongly one way or the other about the subject. I can handle it.

Remember the point of this thread though, it is about the comments made by a reporter who is expressing his opinion that all riders should recieve less than adequate medical attention. Reguardless of your opinions on helmet laws, that should be enough to pi$$ off anyone who rides any kind of bike!!
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

I sent my last post as an email to Mr. Dickerson.

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
        I will continue to ride with and without my helmet. No reply to this post will change my mind on that. I know I am about to get slammed for the comments I have made on the matter as everyone feels strongly one way or the other about the subject. I can handle it.
        You won't get slammed by me, bud. I agree with you 100%. I too like to take the lid off occassionally. Well said.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I sent my email to him. I hope he gets thousands more.
          2000 Kat 600
          "Fast Blue"
          Pic in Profile

Comment

I wrote them a LONG email last time they allowed something similar to this to be printed. He got so many, he just wrote back!!

Dude u made your point, now stop telling people to write me!!!

So I sent him 1 more after that!!

Comment

Did the one more you sent tell him he should print an apologie to all riders?

Comment

Working...
              X