No announcement yet.
X

Kentucky Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Soccer Steve Bowling Green is only 45 minutes from me. Most states do not even worry about the exhasut on bikes. Here in TN they could care less. Never heard of anyone here being pulled over the exhaust not even the Harley guys.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

In WI they were "Illegal" as well, but the cops just really didn't care.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

/on rant

i for one cannot not undertand the laws for exhausts on bikes.. im my veiw the louder the better.

its hard enough to be seen on the road by cagers as it is, and if you have a whisper quiet exhaust, they have nil chance of recognising the fact ur there!

least with a loud can, if they cant see you but can hear you, they will be alert to the fact another road user is nearby and they should at least sit up and concentrate a little better.

loud pipes are safer!

/of rant

cheers.joe

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
          Originally posted by blkpitbull
          Hey I live about 15 miles outside of BG. I work in BG.

About the noise, dont worry. I have a d&d also and have never had a problem. Use your head and you wont have any problems!!!!

Will you be here for awhile or just passing??
          I have a friend of the family who lives there. I would at least be visiting there, but I am trying to get a job down there for the summer. He lives in the former governors mansion. I'm not sure if you know him or not, he owns Auburn Metrology Labs (they calibrate equipment, like radar guns, etc.) What do you do down there?

I work at the university (western ky university). I live just north of BG in a little town called Smiths Grove...Doesnt take me but about 10 minutes on the interstate to get to BG. You ought to hit me up when you get around here. Highsight and I are going to try to get together sometime this summer.!!
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yea, sure thing. the WKU is only about 10 minutes or so from this guys house. so if i make it down, i'll be sure to hit you up.
            if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Bowling Green is about 70 miles from where I live at now.
              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

By the way, I have a Vance and Hines SS2r and I have never been pulled over for it.

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

OMG that kids looking at me twice!!

(OK, I'll stop now)

Comment

Had to look at you twice, figured just once wouldnt keep you in line. LOL

Comment

D&D for me.. and If I happen to go thru KY, they'll have to catch me to ticket me , oh wait, that goes for anywhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                        D&D for me.. and If I happen to go thru KY, they'll have to catch me to ticket me , oh wait, that goes for anywhere..
                        You are on a 98+ Kat 750, WTH!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I just wanted to post in this thread thats all..

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                            I just wanted to post in this thread thats all..
                            post whore
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

My bro ives in BG and one of our hotels is in Bg as well.. let me know when you are in town maybe we can get a small group together and have a ride. My bro is getting a bike soon as soon as he can find what he wants.

Let me know I cn always "Say" i can going down to check out the hotel and such... yeah yeah I am taking my biek as well.. hahahahaha
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                                /on rant

i for one cannot not undertand the laws for exhausts on bikes.. im my veiw the louder the better.

its hard enough to be seen on the road by cagers as it is, and if you have a whisper quiet exhaust, they have nil chance of recognising the fact ur there!

least with a loud can, if they cant see you but can hear you, they will be alert to the fact another road user is nearby and they should at least sit up and concentrate a little better.

loud pipes are safer!

/of rant

cheers.joe
                                Might be true on the road (could be interesting to see statistics)... Now I happen to live in an apartment with windows towards a street with a lot of traffic - can't say I'm always happy about someone blasting by with an open exhaust 3 o'clock in the morning...
                                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X