No announcement yet.
X

this ticks me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few guys say "A Kanotuna", to which I respond "Still suffering from penis envy eh?" & walk away.

The next time they talk to me about my bike they don't talk trash about the Katana.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
      2. "Slow? Mine does 120. Ever been that fast? No? Then how is it slow?"
      I think they mean because it takes a while to get there

I havent had anyone say anything negative about my bike, well atleast that I have been able to hear. I get a ton of compliments on it.

The biggest problem I have is I get the "only a 600?" from cagers alot. But they dont really know any better so... cant really blame them.

Comment

I've had my stock 06 600 at 140mph indicated... its not bad, for me anything over 110MPH feels the same and it was very stable.

I'm the only person in my group that rides a kat and no one really rags on me, and I keep up just fine with the gsxr600's and cbr600's granted we dont ride like idiots...

though my buddy with a cbr1000 smokes the crap out of us all, but he has also got the most experience.

Comment

i just say why do i need a fast bikde when their bike cant even keep up with my car. that usuall shuts them up. if not i go get said car and make them cry like bitches

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
            Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
            just keep in mind that with riders like that, you owning a kat is a clear implacation that your penis is bigger than theirs! even if said kat owner is a woman)
            find comfort in that..
            These squids bikes are just a penile extention for them. They have what is called SPS, (small penis syndrome)
            Interesting theory...I guess I'm going to have to measure my penis when riding my ZX, then jump on my Kat and see if it'll grow. It'll be difficult in town with all the nosey people watching though...
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Squids will be Squids... Though Superbikers and HD's both have said nice things about my Kat...
              It's all in getting to know everyone...
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

you will definitely get the "cold treatment" if riding through south beach; it's all in the bling or the speed/stunt/ etc... no respect or courtesy for fellow riders whatsoever... not even a friendly nod or wave in return. quite frankly, i could care less! i don't need their approval, acceptance, or their company. i'm in it for the thrill and personal enjoyment.

i've gotten more waves/nods by cruisers (and yes including harleys) on my ride to the keys than sportbikes in south beach (by far).

ride on brother! "f" them!
                One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I keep on hearing this time after time but has never happened to me.

To the contrary, I've striked conversation with other bikers, got compliments from bikers and cagers alike, bikers wave back, squids included, I started to think that this may be a subsconcious Kat owner issue more than a real problem...
                  2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                  2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                  2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

SS owners are always gonna dis what they don't have. Believe it or not new gix1000 owners tend to look down on my busa every now and then.

I don't care. I tell them something like "well. I've topped it out. And you've gone how fast? I've put 500+ miles on in a single day and could walk straight the next day. How many miles have YOU gone in a day? Down to the local 7-11 and back? Gotcha." And then I walk away.

But if that don't work I wear gloves with kevlar knuckles. I find they can't open their yap-holes too much if they are unconscious.

My current ride of choice

Comment

re

I love it when they pull up next to me with there overpriced peices of s**t
                      I know my bike, I ride it well, and I am not in debt.

Also I know most of all my bike isnt stock it will haul ass!!

Ive seen a few post here and there on top end on Katans

Sorry folks toss a sprocket jet kit lower it put some hot plugs etc and my 600 Katana flat out has more than enough bang for my buck Period!

140 lmbo mine has blown 140 out and I dont even know where it tops out now. Just know on a open interstate laying flat out on tank it buries the speedo and I back off cause I run out of nerve.
                      A Katana might looked at a starter bike but toss a few bucks at it and you wont be laughed at when you leave them sitting at the light going WTF!!!

Comment

Ive never been made fun of but I do get the occasional look like why are you riding that..but the older my bike gets and how well kept it is people of all kinds,ahole squids included take a good look and at least appreciate it..Its funny Harley cruiser types think the Kat is the latest greatest sportbike and the squids think its an pos antique...

Comment

I get more waves from the sportbike crew in the Chicago area than I do from the Harley guys. In fact, the Harley guys will usually make eye contact and still stiff you on the wave.

The only time I caught crap for my Kat was when it was stock and I took it to a local Suzuki dealer to get some parts. EVERY salesman asked me if I wanted to trade in my Kat. This bike was new to me and it made me feel like I may have made a bad choice.

Well, a month later I returned with an exhaust and a rather extensive physical overhaul. I have received nothing but compliments. Even the sportbike guys seem to not care if I'm on a Kat. Sure, there are times I wish I had purchased the CBR600 I was looking at and only moments away from buying. In the end, however, the Katana is a great bike and much better suited for riding over a long period of time. What's the good in having a fast bike if you can't stay on it to enjoy it?

They may have the true "sport bike," but the only ride you need to challenge them on is a two-hour cruise.
                          Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

If you get any chick bike comments or any other squids being stupid just tell them it is a chick bike since their girl like to ride on it and thats not the only thing she likes to ride on!
                              2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

The Kat is actually a dog.... the underdog Not many know of its true capabilities and what it was made for - a comfortable sport touring machine.
                                2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Working...
                                X