X

needing round rubber piece under front seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing round rubber piece under front seat

im missing one of the round rubber pieces where the front of the seat sits on the frame.

when i take off the the seat, one side is their but the other is not so i was hopeing someone had a spare/extra.

Was it not there Scott? Huh? Idunno?
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

im not sure what it is called todd or what its for.

probably have to take a pic to show what im talking about.
      there is one on one side but not the other. i may be wrong and it may be like a rubber mount for the gas tank.
      its a screw and there is a small round rubber piece that the screw goes thru.

Comment

Originally posted by raven28690
        im not sure what it is called todd or what its for.

probably have to take a pic to show what im talking about.
        there is one on one side but not the other. i may be wrong and it may be like a rubber mount for the gas tank.
        its a screw and there is a small round rubber piece that the screw goes thru.
        Yeah if you can snap a pic. I think I know what your talking about. Is it on top of that bracket coming from the frame up to the tank?? It was there I think!
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yep, its located on that bracket. the small screw is holding the rubber in place and im guessing the back of the tank down so it more or less is the rubber mounted tank screw.

Comment

yep, its located on that bracket. the small screw is holding the rubber in place and im guessing the back of the tank down so it more or less is the rubber mounted tank screw.
            Easiest thing would be to look on the fische (like on RonAyers.com) and point us to the right part. I have a bunch of stuff laying around and probably have what you're looking for.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

which part are you talking about scott??

Comment

you can see in this picture it is in the bottom left hand side whereas the top left hand side has the screw and rubber piece.
                should be parts 18, 19, 20, and 21

almost positive it is the rubber mounted tank hold down.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't have all those pieces here, although I have in the past.

Quick fix is a matching bolt (Metric) and a small piece of PVC cut to size. Right fix is to order the rubber parts & sleeve from the dealer.

FUNNY TALE: One of mine disappeared in Mar '04, was replaced out of spares I ordered the same week... When I got home from the '05 rally and dug into something else, I found it -- wedged inside of the swingarm! It had "ridden along" for over 15k miles at that point...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'll check the big box of parts and see if we stripped them off the frames. Don't count on it, though - I don't remember seeing them.
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

HUH maybe I forgot to put that one back in. Had to. I will look in the garage this afternoon scott!

Comment

thanks guys.

doubt you will find it todd. got to looking a little closer today and somehow the screw had broke cuz part of the bottom of the screw is still in the hole.
                        you can see the screw blocking the hole in the pic or whats left of the screw.

Comment

thanks guys.

doubt you will find it todd. got to looking a little closer today and somehow the screw had broke cuz part of the bottom of the screw is still in the hole.
                          you can see the screw blocking the hole in the pic or whats left of the screw.
                          Had to be gone from before I had it. I took the tank off from the lower part of that bracket. I never used that part to remove the tank.
                          If it hasnt never been on there then i'd say it wont hurt being gone. But thats up to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X