X

what should I DO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should I DO?

I bought this bike with intention to make a project bike. I have 2 other project bikes already and the new Hayabusa is to be announced any day now. I plan to either part or sell this bike outright.
    I paid $500 for it+ $100 in travel expenses+ $100 in title, tax and transfer fees....so $700 total in the bike. Is it worth more as a whole or in pieces?

Does it run?
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
      Does it run?

no clue. never tried it. Locks are busted and planned to do a motor swap anyway so I didn;t bother trying.

Comment

Any motorcycle more than a few years old (past the major depreciation curve) is worth more as a collection of parts than as a whole. in part because the parted value includes the value of the labor required to part it.

Knowing whether it runs should play heavily into your factoring.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

worst part about doing that is that if you part it out you can expect to be left with the few parts you dont want.

If you part it out sell boxes of parts that include a variety of items - I ended up with a crapload of parts I dont want/need doing that.

Personally - I'd see if it runs - if it does - sell it whole
          97 Katana 600
          [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Where are you located, I may be interested in buying it off you
            I don't have an ego I just love how awesome I am

LETS GO PENS

Comment

Where are you located, I may be interested in buying it off you
              I don't have an ego I just love how awesome I am

LETS GO PENS

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki4life
                Does it run?

no clue. never tried it. Locks are busted and planned to do a motor swap anyway so I didn;t bother trying.
                a new set of locks (ignition, gastank and seat) is about $150 IIRC.

if you have the title, i'd, i'd clean the carbs and see if it runs.

if you don't have a title, it can be a pain in some states to get it... some states are easier. depends on when/where it was last registered and if you have a "good" bill of sale.

no title = parts.

if it has a title and runs, that depends on if you want to go thru the work of parting it out, you can make a little more money... but breaking it down takes time, effort and space.
                KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by fixer
                  Originally posted by suzuki4life
                  Does it run?

a new set of locks (ignition, gastank and seat) is about $150 IIRC.

if you have the title, i'd, i'd clean the carbs and see if it runs.

if you don't have a title, it can be a pain in some states to get it... some states are easier. depends on when/where it was last registered and if you have a "good" bill of sale.

no title = parts.

if it has a title and runs, that depends on if you want to go thru the work of parting it out, you can make a little more money... but breaking it down takes time, effort and space.
                  yep has a clean title. I think i will see if I can get it to run, if it does...what's the motor worth? 25,000 miles on the clock.

Comment

Sell it out whole

I would sell it out whole.

Comment

think about this, you paid $700 for the bike. you can not find a bike for under $1500 that is sound and worth riding. if you want to sell it try e-bay or craigs list and make a little money. if you want to keep it and ride it do so it looks like a good bike. as for the hyabusa, it has an extreme amount of power that i hope you can handle, they can get away from you fast. i had a friend die on one a couple of months ago. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mikestl
                        think about this, you paid $700 for the bike. you can not find a bike for under $1500 that is sound and worth riding. if you want to sell it try e-bay or craigs list and make a little money. if you want to keep it and ride it do so it looks like a good bike. as for the hyabusa, it has an extreme amount of power that i hope you can handle, they can get away from you fast. i had a friend die on one a couple of months ago. good luck!
                        I appreciate your concern but the hayabusa doesn't scare me. I also have another bike to ride that I will be bringing to the Katrider rally. This bike will take a lot of parts to put it on the road (to suit me) in terms of tires, chain and sprockets, lock set, brakework and of course getting it running.

I was just wondering which way to sell it was the most profitable/beneficial. I might have enough bikes...but never enough money or time.

Comment

sell it as a whole to get it off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                          X