oil cooler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil cooler

will a 750 oil cooler make a 600 run cooler

It's bigger so I would have to say yes..
    Some 600's have the lower mounting tabs welded. Some (according to the fiche ) are bolted on..
    That is the issue with fitting the 750 cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Some 600's have the lower mounting tabs welded. Some (according to the fiche ) are bolted on..
      not really an issue, cut off the bottom tabs and make sure the top bolts are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
        not really an issue, cut off the bottom tabs and make sure the top bolts are tight.
        Yeah I know but I'm not crazy about that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
          Has this been tested at speeds in excess of 130mph?
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

would it make a diference

Comment

Originally posted by badkat
              would it make a diference
              Yes.. If you can find the parts and mount it right, it's a good thing to do..

Comment

I work in a shop so if I had to cut the tabs off and weld them back thtas no problem

Comment

more surface area=more cooling ability. from what i've read the 98+ have welded lower tabs. if you get a 750 cooler i have to think any place with a welder (exhaust shop?) would be able to weld the bottom tabs for cheap. also don't forget to add more oil when you re-fill the kat.
                  carpe diem

Comment

no I work at a body shop

Comment

There's two lower mounting methods for the 98+ :

1. Cut the existing tabs, grind flush, then move down the appropriate amount, grind off the powdercoat on the frame and the cut-off tab, and reweld. Then repowdercoat (the PIA part of the process).

OR

2. Build a bracket that bridges the gap between the existing tabs and where you want the new tabs to end up. I have some drawings around here for them and plan on making some in the next several months (or having some made) because I have a 750 cooler I want throw on my 600.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

2. Build a bracket that bridges the gap between the existing tabs and where you want the new tabs to end up. I have some drawings around here for them and plan on making some in the next several months (or having some made) because I have a 750 cooler I want throw on my 600.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Make that 2 please! haha

What about the other idea up there, some microfiche's show the tabs as a bolt on piece, so why not order them, tap some holes in the frame, lock-tite bolt and go?
                        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                        18v Rigid Drill
                        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle

What about the other idea up there, some microfiche's show the tabs as a bolt on piece, so why not order them, tap some holes in the frame, lock-tite bolt and go?
                          Thats a good idea. Not sure what that tubing is like so maybe throw a 'zert in there..

Comment

I have a pre 98 Kat 600 that has the pre98 750 cooler..and yes you need to get the bottom mounting brackets....luckily on the pre's they are bolt on..
                            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                            X