X

preformance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preformance

what is the best exhaust, but a reasonable price, to add performance to our bikes, and what jet kits are recomended
    Harley is like McDonald's. Great marketing, no product quality

ivans jet-kit, and any gain with a slip-on wont really be noticable so you will have to get a full system.

Comment

I have a factory jet kit but a jet kit is not required for a slip on exhaust. I recommend you get a slip on exhaust, then use blackburns how to thread to clear out your headers. Then you could always grab the jet kit.

Now the question is with your slip on, how loud do you want it to be? Yoshi is the quietest and D & D is the loudest. I have not heard and aftermarket slip on that does not sound better than the stock exhaust so anything you choose is good, but be sure you ask in KR before you but so you don't end up with too loud or too quiet.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

thanks for the info
        Harley is like McDonald's. Great marketing, no product quality

Comment

GET A VINCE-N-HINES 4 INTO 1 SIDESHOT WITH MEGAPHONE. THIS IS A DRAG PIPE. REALLY LOUD BUT MAKES THE BIKE RUN LIKE A MOTHA.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my Yoshi RS-3. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud. I still have to shift up one or two gears when going through the neighborhood just so it won't wake up the neighbors.
            2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

I laugh until my sides hurt when someone says a D+D is loud. My Kat with that exhaust sounds like a kitten when puttering beside my Ninja, which has a full, dual exhaust setup that thunders the neighborhood, scares children and makes tuning forks cringe.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Re: preformance

Originally posted by 1/2 way
                what is the best exhaust, but a reasonable price, to add performance to our bikes, and what jet kits are recomended
                You have a 2006 Kat 600.
                That means:
                (A) Ivan's JetKit will give you the best mid-range boost;
                (B) An 5 degree ignition advancer will move the torque curve down the curve some (so it gets more power at lower RPM's).
                (C) The limitations to power production in terms of breathing easier are at the collector (where the four pipes come together into one before it heads out to the muffler); there really isn't anything that will give you more power unless the collector size goes up, and no aftermarket system I know of uses anything except the stock collector size. Thus, buy exhausts because you love the sound and not for the "performance benefit" on the 98+ Kats.
                The only exception to the above statement that I've seen were the complete Hindle exhaust systems (headers + can), but you're talking about 2 to 3 HP difference for $600 -- too expensive for the benefit, IMHO.
                (D) The tip about grinding out the header seam welds was reposted on KR by Blackburn, but the original write up is on my website here: Katana header weld seam grinding for improved flow...
                (E) And there is some performance improvements to be found from using superior oils with lower pumping resistance (such as Castrol's R4 oil), as well as from keeping your chain very well oiled (less driveline losses).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Orrr buy a GSXR750...I'm just kidding, the Katana makes great power... I'm looking at a scorpion slip on and have been told there is no need to re-jet but I kinda find that hard to believe since there will be a change in the way the ol kat breathes...
                  "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Working...
                  X