Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

During the sale of bike...Best method of exchange?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash or make him cash the check at his bank and hand you cash. As far as the title goes, it depends on your bank. If I need to sell my car, my credit union will ship my title to the local branch so it will be available for immediate sale.
    Check out Motojour.com.

Red is the fastest color!

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER
      Originally posted by kurious kat
      I guess I will see which way the buyer feels more comfortable with. Also the bank holds the title on the bike. Will they automatically mail it to me after the loan is payed off or do I have to request it? (sorry for the dumb questions, this is the first vehicle I have sold)

Thanks for the reply.

If your buyer is paying with cash, and the bank that holds your title is local, I recommend settling the transaction at your bank. You get a lot of bang for you buck. You can:

--Deposit the loot (if you have luck like me, $5K is a lot of cash to have in your pocket)
      --Pay off the loan on the spot.
      --Immediately get your title in hand
      --Then you can sign the title over to the buyer on the spot <----This is a BIG plus!! I passed on several good Katana deals because the seller was going to have to "mail me the title"
      --If your bank has a notary on site, as many do. you may even be able to get a signature and/or stamp to notarize your bill of sale.

I'm with the others here, I'd do CASH only if possible. I guess you could take a check or money order, but the bike wouldn't move an inch until the payment cleared.

Good luck with your sale.

It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Cash only - no exceptions - we're not talking 20k here
        97 Katana 600
        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

cash or cashiers check
          Watch for your Guardian Angel
          750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

ca$h, it's WAY to easy to make a fake check.
            KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

You can also look on http://wreckedbike.com they always have something worth looking at..

Comment

Cash is always king. You're big problem will be that you don't have the title -- personally, I would get the title cleared first (even if it means paying off the financing by floating it over to a credit card). No title = no sale if I'm the buyer -- I'm not willing to wait possibly months for your fianancier to get their ducks in order.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X