X

Should I get a new tire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a new tire?

I WAS OUT RIDING WHEELIES AND BURNOUTS THIS WEEKEND AND NOTICED MY TYRE DID THIS IS THIS BAD? I WAS GOING TO GET SOME USED RACE SLICKS BUT MY FRIENDS ON ANOTHER FORUM WWW.SUPERHARDCORERIDINGGIXXERS.COM TOLD ME THAT THIS IS WHAT A TIRE LOOKS LIKE AFTER THE BREAK IN PERIOD AND ITS GOING TO HAVE GREAT TRACTION NOW THEY THINK I HAVE ANOTHER 25000 MILES BEFORE IT DIES. WHAT KIND OF TIRE CAN I FIT ON HERE ITS A 2003 KAT CAN I PUT A 190 ON????????

Seriously though. I might keep this one just because I'm a bit intrigued to see that far into a tire, not to ride on obviously, buy just to show off. I knew I needed a new one but sheesh......

P.S. chicken strips worn away courtesy of MD86....
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

you could just ride in circlesthere is still tred on the sides.lol

Comment

As i rode that the 30 miles home from where that happened, I spent a good bit leaned off the side and the bike leaned over a bit... lol
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You had me there for a second
          Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

philwecksr

how was the ride this weekend? other than the trashed tire that is. i was sorry to miss it, the weather seened to be perfect again
            sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
            A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

...what no burn out video, pics?? Pffft.. yer no fun.. Ha

Kinda cool how the steel seperated the rubber in the middle..

Comment

Before you pull the tire off you must get a video of a good burnout at night... those are steel belts and last time I checked that makes sparks... I wanna see a good show from this one!
                ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckwick357
                  philwecksr

how was the ride this weekend? other than the trashed tire that is. i was sorry to miss it, the weather seened to be perfect again
                  Lesse , he rode down here , we headed out 22 from Dry Ridge (out west towards 227/330) , and when we got to the road I wanted to explore I stopped to see how he was and how his tire felt before "playtime" (he'd been saying it felt odd being so old and squred-off) . He goes back to look at the tire and says something to the effect of "oh shit !" . I ask "what , you seein belt now? " . "Um , yeah" . So from the time he got from his place to the START of the ride , you could see the belt almost all the way around the tire . So we took it easy up the "new" road , then back into town . Short ride .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I see ALOT of people riding on tires like that. It scares me just being near them!
                    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

NO WAI PHIL! I GOT A NAIL IN MY FRONT TIRE AND SO I ALSO ASKED SOME PEOPLE ON THAT FORUM WHAT TO DO AND THEY TOLD ME TO JUST REMOVE THE ENTIRE FRONT TIRE, BECAUSE ONLY LOSERZ RIDE ON THEIR FRONT TIRE!

Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Keep riding.. you can't see the air yet..

Comment

Working...
                        X