X

Odo counts a little too fast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odo counts a little too fast

I've only had my Kat for 3 weeks, but in the little bit of riding that I've done, I've noticed that my odometer might not be counting right. It counted almost 2 miles from somewhere that I know is just about a mile away. Is something wrong with the odo? Or is there a way that Kats can somehow display km/h, if so, how do i change it back to mph?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

he does?

KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

do you know if it has the stock sprockets? that could affect the speedo/odo. note the speedo will read higher than actual anyway. they all do from the factory.

Comment

Three factors on your bike:
        1. Tire size;
        2. Gearing ratios;
        3. Sender at the front sprocket.

The activator for the sender has four teeth; if it's missing any teeth, it'll under-report by 25% for each tooth missing.

If it's over-reporting by a signfiicant amount, it sounds very much like you have a radically different tire & sprocket-ratio to the stock ones, although it's not listed in your ride profile.

KPH is specific to the model's gauge clusters on the 98+ -- all US models have MPH around the outside of the speedo, KPH around the inside of the speedo, and all trip & odo reports are MPH. Would only be an issue if someone used a foriegn gauge cluster on that bike, in which case the Speedo would show KPH as the primary or only measurement.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mine has this issue too, but I have the 170 tire that the PO put on it and I'm about to swap to a 160. It's counting about 10% too fast.

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

Working...
          X