X

Bike running like crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike running like crap!

I had my bike in the shop to get my dyno jet kit installed...they put 120 main jets in and it was too rich...so I picked it up today after they installed 116 jets. I thought the bike ran good until I rode it normal and noticed that when I go around a corner in second gear at about 25 kph the bike really struggles to get the rpms up...once it hits 4000rpm it goes pretty good. It has been awhile since I rode my bike but I am sure it never felt like that at 3000rpm.
    Any thoughts?
    2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
    2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Hey your power band moved..
    When you change the tune of an engine to make more power, that power is now in a different spot. You can try and increase it low, mid or high but unless you are making a "global" liner change like supercharging or adding displacement, getting a power increase over the whole range is hard..

Comment

Re: Bike running like crap!

Originally posted by Ythen57
      Any thoughts?
      Get on the web and visit IvansPerformanceProducts or call Ivan up on the phone and order his jetkit for your bike instead. Then uninstall the DynoJet and put it in a box and ship it back for your money back or resell it. All of these questions would have been irrelevant and you'll end up with more power and a much better state of tune.

Oh, and if you just want to fix your 98+ DynoJet kit to get the best out of it that's possible (not as good as the Ivan's, but better than it is now), get the original springs from your carbs back (if the shop didn't return them to you), open up your carbs' diaphram covers (black covers on the tops of the carbs), remove the DynoJet springs and reinstall the factory springs (which are weaker). This will let the slides come up faster and help remove low-end hesitation.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am taking it back to the shop on friday...I rode it last night and it was bogging and even at 3000rpm in second it stalled, plus it smells like an old snowmobile. I also pulled a couple of my new plugs and they are pretty black already. I am hoping they refund my money and return it to stock...I was told that you really dont even need to rejet when you add a slip on
        2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
        2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

Yeah , seems DJ settings are WAY rich . ALOT of people say the same , including people that REALLY know their shit .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X