X

Am I The Only 1100 Kat Owner Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure..... Make me the test monkey

I seen that on around 91 and 92, that Gixxer 1100 actually was running 40mm, thats why I decided to go with them.

I am also going to run pods and a stage 3 kit on mine, just to see what kinda horses she can push.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Get that bike together monkey, we need the info!

I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Thanks Mojoe,

As soon as it dries up here and my front yard is done, I
        will get a better chance to shake it down and get a feel
        for it. Then the questions will come, thanks for the offer.

Here is a pic. I was thinking of having a friend who is a
        pinstriper change the red stripe to a white stripe for me. I
        saw this on another 1100 and really like the look.

'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR
          I just joined and just bought a "93" so your not alone.

I will be bugging you 1100's boy's from time to time with
          dumb ?????
          I don't know how but somehow I missed this post.

Welcome & congrats on the the bike.

And there are no dumb questions.
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR

I seen a guy last summer riding one of those here in the cities. I think his was more of a reddish, grey setup though. I wanted to stop him and tell him about Kat riders, but I was in the cage, and he was getting on the highway. Man that was a beauty of a bike.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

This is my favorite color scheme of the big kat. I tried for a year and
              a half, to find a good 92 or 93. I just missed a 92 about 4 months ago
              in my area of all places. Then I found this 93 in the Cycletrader with
              only 5400 miles on it. I couldn't pass it up. Here is a pic of the one with
              the white pin stripping. I think I'm going to do this down the road.
              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

This is my favorite color scheme of the big kat. I tried for a year and
                a half, to find a good 92 or 93. I just missed a 92 about 4 months ago
                in my area of all places. Then I found this 93 in the Cycletrader with
                only 5400 miles on it. I couldn't pass it up. Here is a pic of the one with
                the white pin stripping. I think I'm going to do this down the road.
                My 92 was the same as the red on...like you see in my pics. I painted that one in 99, and a few times after just for the change. I had 120k miles on it, so the bike is bound to get scratched up with that mileage.
                Your 93 is the same as mine. Can't say I like the white pinstripe though. It just doesn't appeal to me.
                If you ever dump yours and need lower fairings, I have 2 that are in near mint condition. In fact, I wish I could find someone who had an old scuffed up set but need the original ones like you have. I would take them on trade with a few $'s to boot. I have the whole complete fairings and tank set as a spare and wish to paint another color....but don't really want to trash those two lower fairing because they are in such good shape and hard to come by. Would rather see them go to someone who needs tham instead of painting over them.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X