No announcement yet.
X

Am I The Only 1100 Kat Owner Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 99 Kat 750 that i am throwing in a 1100 Gixxer engine into... can I be in the club????
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I rode a buddies 1100 Kat back in '92. Not a bad ride if memory serves me right. I liked the electric windsheild. I was on a Hawk GT 650 at the time. Wish I still had it.....
      Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Sponsored by: Superbike Supply, Pit-Bull, Sharkskinz, Spidergrips, Tailofthedragon.com, New Enough, Clear Alternatives, XT Racing, and others.

Comment

600 is almost 1100, right? *grin*

/left out

Comment

Club? What club? There's a 1100 Kat club here? I think it should be disbanded!

SweetLou; an 1100 Gixxer engine into a '99 750 Kat frame ? Bet that'll scream

Mojoe; I had thought about doing the same but funds have become almost nil because of buying new gear & things for my truck.

Would love to have one of those Kats from eBay.

So there are two 1100 Kat owners here, well, maybe someday there will be more or does this mean the Big Kats are becoming extinct?
          :P
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I almost forgot, the reason I ride an 1100 is because of my size, 6'4" 320lbs, so I need a big powerful engine to move this mass.

The reason I'm on the big Kat(again) is becuase of a ruptured L-5 disc, I ended up having back surgery to get the bone off of the nerve but only after nerve damage had occured, sitting on a cruiser(loved to ride for days) caused me such pain that after riding eleven miles two days later I couldn't walk for almost a week, so I went back to the sport style, the big Kat is almost one of a kind & besides , that power screen is just so cool.
            I may not be able to ride long distances any more but I can ride again.

Comment

I just joined and just bought a "93" so your not alone.

I will be bugging you 1100's boy's from time to time with
              dumb ?????
              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Originally posted by GSX
                I almost forgot, the reason I ride an 1100 is because of my size, 6'4" 320lbs, so I need a big powerful engine to move this mass.
                If you want even more power, get rid of those wimpy ass 34mm carbs the EPA restricted the 1100's to. The Canadian 1100's come with 36mm....it does make a difference.

Originally posted by MTFYR
                I just joined and just bought a "93" so your not alone.

I will be bugging you 1100's boy's from time to time with
                dumb ?????
                Welcome to the club, M. Feel free to ask any question you have....I will offer any assistance I can. Also, can you post a pic of your ride?

Originally posted by Lou
                I have a 99 Kat 750 that i am throwing in a 1100 Gixxer engine into... can I be in the club????
                well...put it this way, Lou. If you are mexican and your heart needs replacing and the donor is asian, will this make you asian after? Nope...you're still a mexican. So the answer is no...sorry. hehe
                It's not just the ngine that makes the big kats what they are. You have to own one to know what I mean....right GSX?
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                  Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  This is the one I want!!!
                  You and about five other guys I know!
                  Pretty rare.
                  maybe we can find one and raffle it off on KR

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    Originally posted by GSX
                    If you want even more power, get rid of those wimpy ass 34mm carbs the EPA restricted the 1100's to. The Canadian 1100's come with 36mm....it does make a difference.
                    36mm carbs on a Kat? Never heard of that.

Now I'll be looking for a set, thanks a lot, buddy

Comment

Originally posted by GSX
                      36mm carbs on a Kat? Never heard of that.

Now I'll be looking for a set, thanks a lot, buddy
                      Canadian versions have bigger carbs on all thier bikes...same as europe.

Comment

134 out of our club's (almost) 1500 Dutch and Belgian GSX F riders are 1100F riders, although a minority, lot's around.

Comment

Forget 36mm, go 40mm!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Mojoe; Just thinking of putting 36mm carbs on my Kat sounds nice but that idea will have to wait until I get money but then again if I keep my plans on track & do away with extra spending I might be able to make it to the 2006 Gap meet.

DotComWolf; The big Kats sold better in Europe than here in the U.S.
                            I would love to ride my Kat across/through/around Europe but reallistically if I can just get out of the state of Missouri would be nice.

SweetLou; I doubt those would fit in to the Kat, I heard others who tried to put different carbs in their Kats & have a lot of trouble getting them on, one gave up trying.
                            But that is a nice idea in a crazy sorta way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              Originally posted by GSX
                              I did put a stage one kit in mine, I was told that would help get rid of the restriction & allow the Kat to run smoother & stronger, waiting for warm weather to take it out to see if it is a noticeable difference.

Also, have you ever replaced the batteries in the clock?
                              Since I am the first & third owner & one of my brothers being the second owner I know what the Kat has been through & neither of us have replaced the batteries in the clock. I know how to replace them just curious if you had replaced yours.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX
                                Also, have you ever replaced the batteries in the clock?
                                Since I am the first & third owner & one of my brothers being the second owner I know what the Kat has been through & neither of us have replaced the batteries in the clock. I know how to replace them just curious if you had replaced yours.
                                Nope....mine is still going strong. I have not had to adjust the time EVER. Not even for daylight savings time because it is stored in winter. Whatever the battery is in it, it is one hell of a battery because it is 12 and 13 years old respectively...both bikes...still going strong....with well below freezing temps during winter. It is amazing actually.

Originally posted by GSX
                                Mojoe; Just thinking of putting 36mm carbs on my Kat sounds nice but that idea will have to wait until I get money but then again if I keep my plans on track & do away with extra spending I might be able to make it to the 2006 Gap meet.
                                The best thing for you to do is just take them to a machine shop and have them bore out to 36 or 38mm. As for Lou's suggestion of going to 40mm....not so sure how that will work. The stock valves may be a bit small for 40's. Let him run his this summer for a bit to get some feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X